Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade SR somethings wrong out of the box

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade SR somethings wrong out of the box

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:28 PM
bldrums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade SR somethings wrong out of the box

Ok,
I finally got my SR and have just started to take lessons from Radd. When i first spin up , which starts at 8 clicks ) it wobbles ..after a few revolutions its not bad but still has a slight shake. From the very first run i noticed at the very top of the rotor head looking down at the pan head screw , something must be slightly bent. This is the way it came from the factory ( where each one is test flown ). I inspected the box and no apparent damage there. Looking at the shaft from the side view i dont see that its bent. So I have been training with it for about a week. I'm not anxious to take it apart but ..gotta correct that. I have been searching for a how to video but nothing comes up. I hesitate to take it apart without good reference.

Oh ,and I flew today for the first time and had several successful short low altitude flights. Pretty cool so far!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blade SR somethings wrong out of the box

Mine does the same thing it goes away when you spin her all the way up right? and it does it when you are spining it down too right? They say that is just the way they are. I said the same thing there is some thing wrong with this thing and even the hobby shop said no it just does that. If you find out some thing wrong please let me know okay? Thanks
Old 04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
nothinbetr2do

mine does the same thing at low rpms
if you decide you need to take the head apart, here's 2 pretty good vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRx2z...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boAB8...eature=related
Old 04-24-2010, 03:47 PM
gauicanada
My Feedback: (12)

Mine will do that too but like with any heli I have owned once the blades are spun straight out it goes away. I haven't noticed it shaking when powering down. There is one more thing and that is do your blades weigh the same and I'm not talking about balance when you bolt the two together. Same thing with the flybar is that balanced. I find my scale is great for getting rid of vibration by matching the weight of each blade and making sure the CG of both is the same.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:08 PM
bldrums

Well , as far as it goes away , its does mostly but its still a bit shaky, maybe normal. But what a see at idle bothers me ,very top of the rotor head looking down at the pan head screw , something must be slightly bent because moves out of round.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:09 PM
bldrums

oh, and thanks very much for the links , this is all very new to me
Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Jester966

ORIGINAL: bldrums

Well , as far as it goes away , its does mostly but its still a bit shaky, maybe normal. But what a see at idle bothers me ,very top of the rotor head looking down at the pan head screw , something must be slightly bent because moves out of round.
bldrums, unless you've crashed, I doubt anything is bent. There IS bad runout on those parts though, and as far as I know, all SR's are like that. The blade grips and flybar still run true regardless of what you're seeing at the top of the head.
It's a good idea to balance your blades and check the tracking anyway, but it's probably not necessary. There is always going to be some vibrations when you spool it up - what your seeing is probably normal, and most likely you just need to get the headspeed up. Also, it's a good idea to make sure that your blades are straight before you even start to spool up, but if you have to do this after every time you spool down then your grips are too loose!

Hope this helps
Old 04-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

crashed, I doubt anything is bent. There IS bad runout on those parts though, and as far as I know, all SR's are like that. The blade grips and flybar still run true regardless of what you're seeing at the top of the head
I agree with Jester. Don't sweat it.
Mine does it and it's very smooth with a very low level of vibration regardless. Doug
Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 AM
bldrums

Yep your right , someone posted a video on Utube showing the same effect. Its normal
Unfortunately real problems surfaced yesterday..maybe even a safety issue. I hate to think how long a turn around for warranty repairs will be. I posted the issue yesterday on a seperate thread as its not related to this one.