Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

SR electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:49 AM
bldrums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR electrical problems

My SR has shuts down power exactly as if I had used the throttle down switch.
Several times as I spool up this happens as if to abort for a problem. I tried freshly charged batteries, no help.
The other problem has been the tail motor occasionally wont work. That was over the past few days and I have not crashed or landed hard.
As of today I have no tail motor at all.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: SR electrical problems

maybe check to see if all your wire are pluged in tight and in the right spots
when i first got mine, my reciever would not work(no orange light) after i check all the wires, pulled them out and replugged them in, all has been fine
Old 04-25-2010, 10:04 AM
bldrums

Oh and the really unnerving part was this last time it lost power it suddenly spooled up enough to toss it a few feet. The blades struck grass and tore the covering off one at the tip.

I have lots of new spare parts too. I'm gonna offer it up for sale.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Jester966

Call Horizon Hobby, they will replace or repair it for you.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:13 PM
gauicanada
My Feedback: (12)

Yes don't give up! I've been trying to find a suitable heli for the last two years and this is the best for me. I've had helis right from Raptor60s to Blade MCX and I find Blade makes the best as far as electronics goes for a cheap price. Phone Horizon like stated but don't think it will get easier than this to fly or with less space needed to do so. Sure big ones are steadier but they do a whole lot more damage and expence when things go wrong
Old 04-25-2010, 03:32 PM
gi1mo2

I have the Blade CP Pro 2, and I believe it is the same N60 motor. I am on my fourth motor. This one seems to be a good one :-)
Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

BL...i cant help it but you've been trying to find something wrong with this helicopter.
If you would read your owners manual a little closer you'll see exactly whats going on.Pay attention to not putting it into "stunt" mode unless it's already flying or at least at a pretty good rpm and the binding procedure. Better yet if you'd consult with an experienced heli pilot, and they can be found, you'd have a lot easier time.
The tail rotor thing you should look at some more videos because the tail rotor doesnt spin on any of them from time to time, it depends on a number of things together but the short story is that the tail rotor will sit right there and look at you sometimes, bet it doesnt do that when you're flying it. I thought the same thing for awhile.
Plus, who the heck would buy it if it's as jacked up as you say it is ?
To hint at grave "safety issues" that could scare someone away from buying a very good product I find to be rather a cheap shot when in fact I believe you're just getting frustrated.
Why ? Because if something IS screwed up Horizon will fix it free or more likely send you a new one.
So if it's really messed up as long as it's not mechanically damaged I'll give you 60 bucks for it right now plus shipping... not bad for a heli with "safety issues".... right ?Be sure to send along the receipt so I can send it to Horizon and get a brand new one .
Come on man. Learn it or give up, but don't be blaming the heli constantly.
This kind of stuff is exactly why a lot of really sharp people avoid helping out brand new people. Not because they are arrogant or dont like to help, its because they dont want to wade through all the blaming of "defects" and excuses.
Safety "issue". Please.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
gi1mo2

Horizon Hobby replaced my CP Pro 2 soon after I got it (before its first flight). It seemed to have been a bad one they didn't bother to fix.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:45 AM
bldrums

i waded though the issues:

the transmitter is not in the shunt mode

i see that the rear motor wire at the solder joint is off

i found a video of the hub out of round so to speak , it was a complaint but that tells me its normal

saftey should be concidered all of the time especilly when you expeience unusual operaton

you dont need to slam someone to make what you think is a point , i wouldnt do it to you. I dont judge anyone ..please dont judge me , I do it enough for everyone

"
Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post.

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96...#ixzz0mUr49Lxa
Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 AM
c9403
My Feedback: (1)

Bldrums,

Glad to see you are working through the issues.

Iam on tail motor #2 on my SR and Inow have a good tail hold. The replacement tail motor is much quieter and replacing it was not that hard. Just be careful and keep track of all the small screws. Also, the tail motor is marked with a + to show you where to solder the red wire back on.

As for your electrical shutdown, shoot an email to Horizon Hobby, they will help you out. I have been flying helis for three years now, but Ihave had to learn it all myself. Ihave no other heli flyers in the local clubs, so Ihave had to learn a lot by hard knocks. With the remote, Iunderstand all the controls "in theory", but once you are looking at all the switches, it takes a while to make it all work in your mind.

If you need some help, shoot me a pm or post your issues and we will help you out.

Chris
Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 AM
bldrums

C,

Yep , I have been in touch with Horizon. I have received email responses from Jeff in tech service as well as Matt Snyder
Senior Support Technician. They address your concerns directly to the buyer and his specific questions. ( ie qualifed people doing their job and very well)

World class service , always has been.