Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Should I buy a Blade SR to assist my learning to fly my Blade 400?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Should I buy a Blade SR to assist my learning to fly my Blade 400?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:35 AM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a Blade SR to assist my learning to fly my Blade 400?

Hey all.

I have a possiblity of buying used but brand new condition Blade SR and was told that it's stable enough to learn on instead of wrecking my Blade 400. I can barely fly my mSR but want to learn now how to fly my 400. I am working on getting my computers fixed to run real flight but that might take a while.
Is this a good plan? The SR is $125.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:48 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Should I buy a Blade SR to assist my learning to fly my Blade 400?

i would buy it, it's priced right. but also, i would learn to fly the msr better before going to the sr. also, get that computer fixed. that sim is really going to help you. just my thoughts
Old 06-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Drumheller Dave

Hey TC...I was like you...smashed the s- otof the 400..bought an Msr.......you know..a fun little heli....but no way near the 400 ....soon as I bought the SR and a sim........I feel like a new man......havn't looked at the msr for months...probably sell it....don't like it...actually have more fun with the mcx as an indoor heli
Old 06-21-2010, 06:42 AM
RCKindaGuy

ORIGINAL: tomcatguy74

Hey all.

I have a possiblity of buying used but brand new condition Blade SR and was told that it's stable enough to learn on instead of wrecking my Blade 400. I can barely fly my mSR but want to learn now how to fly my 400. I am working on getting my computers fixed to run real flight but that might take a while.
Is this a good plan? The SR is $125.

Have you triedrevising the Blade 400transmitter stock data tables to the data values John Salt provides that detunes the Blade 400 from being 3D to being a trainer? His site for all this information is:

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

I have a buddy, a young 21 year old whi I taught an MSR too, then an SR.We both bought 400-450's, a Mini-Titan for me and a Blade 400 for him, he needed the computer radio it comes with he didn't own and for the RTF Blade 400 with DX6I @399 that was a sweet deal.
I can say without a doubt John Salts recommendations are home runs. Man did they mellow our heli's out , big time, but still plenty responsive.
Of course now the punk is doing loops, flips, high speed, low altiutude figure 8's while I stagger around barely maintaining forward flight.[:@]
Really thgough, those recommendations , which we followed exactly and without modification really did the job and make both helis a ton easier to fly than the SR is. Doug
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Scream And Fly

Learn to fly the mSR first.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:15 AM
RCKindaGuy

ORIGINAL: Scream And Fly

Though Iam flying 300 and 400 series already, tonight Iwent out and bought the Blade mSR just for some indoors practice. Ihave to say that little micro-heli is a refreshing blast to fly primarily because it isnearly indestructable.Ittook me all of about 2 minutes to get it trimmed out to hover.Once trimmed out it is extremely stable when hovering in a single spot.Idecided to go outside around midnight when the air was really still. Ihad a blast buzzing up and down the street. The blue lighted canopy made it look cool in the dark as well. On one flight Igot it caught in a tree about 20 feet up but Iused a cathedral ceilinglight-changing poll to retrieve it down. No damage from that either.

Iam very happy with the purchase of this little bugger and Ihighly recommend its purchase whether you are a beginner or seasoned.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 PM
trickle007

Scream and Fly wrote:
+1, just to piggy back on his comments learn to fly the MSR in all orientations do figure 8's, if you can get those down you will be alot better on the B400.