Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

idle up mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:28 AM
nothinbetr2do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle up mode

hi. i have a blade sr and i have been reading that it flies much better in idle up mode. i have never done it before and was wondering if you guys can tell me the right process for getting it into this mode. like do i just put it in idle up before i take off? or is it something i do while already flying? can you please tell me how with some detail? i don't want to mess up my heli trying something new. thanks alot
Old 06-26-2010, 10:40 AM
evdreamer

Default RE: idle up mode

It depends if your transmitter has a throttle hold and the ESC has a good soft start.

If they don't you flip into idle up while in a hover. Then you go into normal mode in a hover and land when you are done.

If they do you can flip into idle up before you take off. First you would turn on the throttle hold. Then plug the battery in. Flip into idle up. Move the pitch to zero degrees. Then turn off the throttle hold and wait for the blades to spool up.

Nick
Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 AM
nothinbetr2do

the transmitter(the stock one) does have a throttle hold but i don't know about the esc. which way would be best for me and my blade sr?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:50 AM
trickle007

if your transmitter does not have throttle hold your going to have to get it into a hover then flip it in idle up ....then when you wanna land get it back in a hover flip off idle up and then land.

The reason it runs better in idle up is cause the head speed is higher and more consistent.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:36 PM
nothinbetr2do

ok, thanks. i'm going to give it a try the next time i get it out