Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

How to yaw mSR without throttle change

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

How to yaw mSR without throttle change

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 07:16 AM
learn2turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to yaw mSR without throttle change

Just getting back into RC. About 15 years ago I had a Shuttle ZX heli and about a dozen electric and glow planes.

I started with an mSR as I figured it'd be a good first step.

I doing fine hovering around the family room using low rates with respect to pitch and roll, and throttle most of the time.

I'm having one issue. Whenever I try to yaw it to swing the tail boom around, I inadvertantly change the thottle, usually increasing it. This really messes me up.

I'm trying to figure out how to change my technique to fix this. I'm thinking I don't have my thumb position exactly vertical. Since there's no spring resistance on throttle, I betting my thumb is at an angle and what I think is an exact -+x axis movement is not.

Anyone else experience this issue and have any tips or tricks for getting it right?

-l2t

Old 07-04-2010, 10:07 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: How to yaw mSR without throttle change

sounds like you just need more stick time. practice is a key word with heli's. maybe check out a sim, that will give you some practice and you get to try other heli's to
Old 07-05-2010, 10:34 AM
c9403
My Feedback: (1)

Learn,

The stock radio with the msr is pretty basic. Iuse the radio from my CX 3, an LP5DSM. It has a more positive throttle control, with clicks, so the problem is less.

Istill have to concentrate when I am doing pirouettes to avoid doing exactly what you speak of.

You can pick up the LP5 radios cheap in the classifieds or on Ebay from somebody who has crashed a CX2 or CX3. Or, bite the bullet and buy a DX6 or 7 radio if you plan to stay in the hobby for a while. If you owned planes before, you know the value of a good radio.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Old 07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
learn2turn

Practiced some more and did a lot better.

You know what was weird though?  Release to when I  used to fly a lot of 4ch RC planes.  Got used to doing coordinated aileron/rudder turns.

I was flying my heli and just wanted to slide it to the right; not fly it around a right-hand turn.  I gave it a bit of cyclic to roll it.  Without even thinking, I gave it about 1/2 the amount of left stick (yaw) as I did right-stick (roll).  I instinctively tried to do a coordinated rudder/aileron turn.  My thumbs just did it automatically without even thinking about it. 

Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
tippytoe

Muscle Memory
Old 07-12-2010, 06:15 AM
learn2turn

You do just get the reflexes after a bit if practice.

It only took a couple days after I posted this to get it.  I can fly it around inside an out now, hover in any direction.  I can transition to forward flight and fly it around in a circle.  I still need some practice when I get it moving fast by flying slow I've got down.  I can rise it off my kitchen table, fly through the living room, up the stairs, into my home office upstairs, and land it on my desk.

Also, what was quite nice is a buddy of mine house got a ton of RC crap included a couple DX7s had a DX6i just gathering dust in his basement so he gave it to me.  Still playing with the programming to get it the way I want it but I think it's a bit easier with that Tx.