RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   Eflite Blade CX (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/3570051-eflite-blade-cx.html)

-pkh- 11-20-2005 08:26 AM

Eflite Blade CX

Anybody get their hands on a Blade CX yet? If so, what do you think of it? How does it compare with the other coax helis?

Looks like Horizon is out of them right now, but at least one internet hobby store has them in stock...

dribbe 11-20-2005 11:33 AM

RE: Eflite Blade CX

Hello,
They are currently in that lovely state of flux when they are coming in, going out, in transit, and generally constantly changing. The computer that 'predicts' availabily gets a little out of whack in this situation (and looks at multiple warehouses for one answer).
Many are already in transit to shops!
Supply is likely to be more settled in a couple of weeks.
Supply may be tight, but we predict we will have them 'in (open) stock' in a few weeks.
(I expect existing orders will be filled in the next couple of weeks.)

The random QA samples Jason and I checked out were great!
Have fun,
David

helmutk 11-20-2005 12:18 PM

I found this link with the manual of the E-Flite Blade CX for those who want to wet their appetite while waiting for this helii.
http://h1071118.hobbyshopnow.com/Pro...eCX-manual.pdf

neweheliflyer 11-20-2005 02:56 PM

You can compare the flying videos:
1. [link=http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_videos/blade_cx_2.mpg]Blade CX [/link]
2. [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=14]Lama 2[/link]
3. [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=9]Walkera No. 5[/link]

Get Real 11-21-2005 07:56 PM

one of the local shops i go through said theyll have them this wensday. they also said they would have them by last friday/this is nothing new but they should be here within a couple weeks /i totally understand new product and shipping etc and will have one on hold when they do arrive. just started flying and a little 3D this summer with electric planes but should have some fun with the blade cx and it should be a good learning tool if i go to bigger helis in the future.

Get Real 11-24-2005 12:03 AM

hi all.. the local shop got them in today and called. i picked mine up and bought training gear and a extra lipo.. there still waiting on the ac adapter for charger. the weathers been so bad for electric rc planes lately. im glad i bought this helicopter/ i like it and had fun just hovering around inside with it.. it should be a lot of fun when i fly it in a more open space and have more skill.. i never flew a helicopter before/glad i bought real flight it helped and i need to practice with it on the helicopters more now.

credence 11-24-2005 12:35 AM

Man, that's noisy for such a small helicopter.

Get Real 11-24-2005 01:43 AM

yeah it seems loud.. but remember im in a small room inside a house. doesnt seem any louder than my typhoon or any of my other electric planes. i never seen anybody fly these or similar helicopters in person so i dont know if its louder than other electric helicopters this size.

PatternFlyer 11-24-2005 02:33 AM

I just got half order of Blade CX in stock yesterday (the other half coming in December). Sold 2 already. Just flew one outside in calm wind. It was great.
I've sold and flew Hirobo Lama. Blade CX is very comparable. I just wish Horizon had both servos move together with a mixer.
only one servo for elevator and another for aileron makes the Blade CX not to track straight although it is doable.

My wife should be having fun with this while I work on my Zoom/Shogun mix.

Ihncheol Park
P & A Hobbies

Get Real 11-24-2005 04:32 AM

well i put a couple more flights on it. lubed the gears with some teflon based lubricant thats safe for plastics.. less noisey now. there test flown from the factory and mine had almost full left trim on both aileron and rudder. rudder control still needed a little constant left stick most of the time to stay straight/no biggie... drilled a small hole in canopy to make access to 4in1 easier to adjust motor differential for rudder control. i really dont know what to expect out of a helicopter as far as handling etc. im happy with it and its been fun so far... did a couple piroettes/and made a couple landings and take offs from dining table.. i need to knock out some walls or get a bigger house lol. did some rock solid hovers for a little bit at about 5 feet... ive read about ground effect and understand how it affects the helicopter/kinda neat to actually fly one and see it first hand.. being new to it like most i wanted to stay low incase i made a mistake.. but its much easier and your less likely to have to fight the helicopter if its a few feet up or enough to get out of ground effect. if anyone else has videos please post them thank you.:D

stevennh 11-24-2005 07:35 AM

Just to compare noise between the CX and CP...

[link=http://s93421871.onlinehome.us/MOV01756.mpg]Blade-CP office flight[/link]

It sounds like the CX might have make just a little more noise. The CP draws a crowd quickly in the office though (you can sure hear it).

Steve

Tick67 11-24-2005 08:27 PM

Got the BCX Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday afternoon we have about 6 flights, myself and my 10 yr old son are having a ball, I personally have been struggling with a BCP for about two weeks and the BCX is going to help tons. The BCX came out of the box with a little warpage in the fuse and the weighted flybar had a small bend in it ( striagtened out looks good) the only thing wrong was the DVD would not play on my laptop or in the DVD player so not sure about that, but it seems to be a great little machine, the charger is a little cheesey, and man I wish you could charge the battery faster, guess you need to get about 3 batterys, (boy wouldnt those motors get hot after 3 batterys worth of runs)

Any specific questions about the BCX just shoot me an email..... [email protected]

Get Real 11-24-2005 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
trimmed fuselage for easier battery install and removal/drilled small hole in canopy for easier 4in1 adjustment and took off training gear today/read about training gear making it more difficult to fly.. it did seem to make a difference without it and it seems to hold a hover better now with a lot less input. this is gonna be perfect for flying in my yard if winds ever calm down out here. thanks for the video stevennh/i thought i had a small space to try to fly in :D.

Jerryc 11-25-2005 11:34 AM

Anyone have issues with Pirouetting faster to the left and slower to the right? FIX???

bdavison 11-25-2005 11:52 AM

Ive gotten to the point where I am flying CCPM helis, and I still want one of these. Thats just a cool little heli. Ive got the Hirobo XRB, and it flys great, Id like to add another x-rotation heli to the collection though. They make really good trainers for new folks that come to our weekly fly-in's, and they are also really fun to fly while watching TV or just to goof around in the house.

For some reason it makes me really happy to see all the new guys in here talking about how much fun they are having finally getting airborne with a heli. Brings back some memories of when I was in the same situation, learning.

Get Real 11-25-2005 04:54 PM

fun and learning comment makes total sense to me.. i raced cars for years and still mess around with a 8th scale buggy. started with electric planes this summer and now a heli a few days ago. being im a newer plane pilot and now beginning heli pilot. its fun to fly for the first time.. than learn more skills and have even more fun. being new can be both nerve racking and fun. i see a t-rex in my future now lol. im much smoother now than in the first flight video i posted and im sure my learning curve will come along acordingly. i know the inevitable crash is somewhere in my future also [X(]. if anyone else has videos please post them/jerryc im totally new to heli set ups but would imagine the motor trimming pot in 4in1 controller would help since theres equal torque by the counter rotating blades/i would imagine if the problem was with a single rotor heli you would dial in more end point to the offending side of heli on the tail or less on other side depending on how much tail athourity you want. bdavision/something to remember.. in the past few years ready to run ready to fly etc has made it a lot easier for people to get into various forms of the hobby with out much money or expierence.. and the planes heli's etc perform better and dont require the time or set up they use to in order to be successful and there quality and performance is growing as well.

dribbe 11-25-2005 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Jerryc

Anyone have issues with Pirouetting faster to the left and slower to the right? FIX???
Generally, this is an indication that your rudder trim is off-center.
Put it in the center, and check your yaw rate.
(It will spin faster in the direction that the trim is favoring)

Hint:
-Run about 1 minute off your battery to lower the voltage a bit.
-Next, use the instructions and the mixer on the 4 in 1 to trim the heli for center Tx trim. This should be the best overall trim.
-Sometimes it is best to unplug, and replug the battery after the first minute or so.... to minimize drift.... the biggest change is at the beginning, and end of the battery.

David

jh4db536 11-25-2005 08:55 PM

Nice!!! that thing is noisy in a mechanical whining way- sounds like a tranny without fluid.
what happened to side & nose in hovering???

i kind of want one of those and a BCP. i would fly the CX in the house and the BCP i'd fly it like it were a rental heli. lol try new things that i am too scared to do with my x400 hahaha....

ORIGINAL: Get Real

hi all.. the local shop got them in today and called. i picked mine up and bought training gear and a extra lipo.. there still waiting on the ac adapter for charger. the weathers been so bad for electric rc planes lately. im glad i bought this helicopter/ i like it and had fun just hovering around inside with it.. it should be a lot of fun when i fly it in a more open space and have more skill.. i never flew a helicopter before/glad i bought real flight it helped and i need to practice with it on the helicopters more now. heres a clip of it inside http://media.putfile.com/First-Heli-flight-indoors and its also posted in members videos.

Get Real 11-25-2005 10:07 PM

its stated in video post and in this post...that was the first time i ever flew a helicopter. rather than get reckless in a very tight area before ive gained enough skill and confidence.. i was more than happy just to keep it from wacking into something. im still learning how much stick imput has an effect on it depending on height and ground effect etc. i have no idea if its any louder than other heli's of its size and still havent seen any similar helicopters fly in person so i dont know. i would think because theres two sets of blades and also two spurs and pinions as well as two main motors it may seem louder than a similar size heli with single rotor etc. im happy with it and because i can fly it without any heli expierence i think it must be a good flying model/i have realflight and it helped but havent used it in a while.

Moe3754 11-25-2005 10:54 PM

I now have the XRB,Horsefly,Lama 2,BCX(just today),Draganflyer V TI Pro,JR Voyager E,and Hirobo Freya 60 and I have to say my favorite coax is still the XRB,and I will take the Draganflyer over the Pod and Booms any day.

rmbler 11-25-2005 11:00 PM

sorry if this is posted twice but for some reason i couldnt find it my question is how do you compare the electronics and servos compare to the xrb?

Regards,
Phil

Get Real 11-25-2005 11:07 PM

Moe3754 thats a long list.. looks like youve been at it for some time. since you have expierence with several helis in different size classes etc/how did you like the BCX ? pro's cons etc. is it extremely easy to fly compared to other heli's given proper set up etc ?

dacaur 11-26-2005 12:15 AM

Here is my video of my first flight, to be fair I did have some prior FP experience with a walkera dragonfly #4.

[link=http://www.dacaur.com/vids/bladecxfirstflight.mpg]Video - Blade CX first flight[/link]

The blade CX is VERY easy to fly, as you can see in my video, once you get it trimmed you can fly hands off for around 10 seconds before you have to correct it.
I do have the pirouetting issue, but mine goes faster to the right, I also need full right trim and have to hold some right rudder, I have only flown 2 packs through it, and have been having too much fun to mess with the mix pot, but I bet that will solve it... my only complaint is that the rudder seems to have -expo built in, which is probably great for a total heli/flight newbie, but for someone that has flown heli's or fixed wing planes, it means you have to press the rudder stick further than you think you should have too, something that wouldn't really be a problem once you get used to it i think.... I'm going to try it with my prism 7 and see what I can do about adding some +expo to the rudder and see if that helps....

Get Real 11-26-2005 12:47 AM

dacaur.. seen your video in another post. it shows you have expierence :D. made me want to speed up the learning curve a little/did some piros both directions and i almost have it trimmed well enough to hover hands off safley for a very short amount of time. my trims were almost fully to the left on rudder and aileron and im still working on fine tuning. yours seems more stable than mine on its first flights judging by the hands off hover. the battery state of discharge does seem to effect mine quite bit as far as trims go.. about mid pack it flys its best. good point you made on the rudder expo/not sure if it turns like that do to dual motors or radio set up but mine seems to have little authority then as i increase rudder slowly past 3quarter then its like a turbo kicks in and really spins quick. i'll have an updated video of my progression today. thanks for the video :D

dacaur 11-26-2005 01:45 AM

well, if your aileron trim is all the way to the left what you need to do is adjust the linkage... its pretty easy on this heli first off, remove the front body section, now, look at the linkage in the picture below, that's the aileron linkage, now mentally remember where its at, pop off the linkage, then center the servo trim and turn the top part of the linkage until it looks like its at about the same spot it was at before... then test fly it, repeat as necessary.....

http://www.dacaur.com/heli/bcxaileronlink.jpg