RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   Struggling with single rotor basics V2 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/9343397-struggling-single-rotor-basics-v2.html)

dknovick 12-13-2012 08:20 AM

RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Nicely done Dave
When it flies you know there will be a vid. I got my nano-tech3300 battery today to help the balance issue.

I want a hex so i can put it up, sit down and have a snack, watch it fly and come home.
Like we say, it doesn't count if there's no video.

You can do just that w/ the hex. It even have auto takeoff and landing (haven't tried those yet).

Scott-
ceiling and hard deck? Sounds more like a porch than a FBL controller.
By ceiling do you mean an upper limit that it won't fly higher then? If so, than yes, you can set a max altitude.
By hard deck do you mean a lower limit that it won't fly lower then? If so, than no.

It does have a GPS fence (250m radius from the starting point), and with it turned on, it won't farther than that.

-Dave

clp.eng 12-13-2012 09:25 AM

OK, Dave, so you tell it to come home, how does it know not to hit anything in its path back? Say, a truck parks in the path after it's gone by...

Putting the LiPos to bed for the season, sigh...

Chuck

clp.eng 12-13-2012 02:57 PM

In spite of the fact the guy from HH insisted that the radio I sent back was acting normally however user unfriendly that was the way it was designed. When I asked if he knew why one of the service guys said it was bad & I could return it for repairs he had no clue. I mentioned they just wasted a week of use & the cost of shipping. He said he'd get back to me. That was three days ago.

He called back today. The radio is defective. All the ones on the shelf & all the ones he could find around are all the same - defective! The earlier version worked as one would expect. The updated radios changed. They don't know why!

Bottom line is they are sending me one of the sample units which does work correctly albeit used (that was for you Phil!) & a new Rx for my troubles.

Once the HH stuff gets over the early bugs it's good stuff, I just wish I didn't need their great service so much...

Wha't everybody hoping to get for xmas?
Chuck

dunkonu23 12-14-2012 03:57 AM

Dave,

Sounds good.  I like the fence thing, but a programmable hard deck would be very cool.  Imagine... an out of control helicopter 10 feet up, then boom.. rights itself... that's a hard deck.  :)

Chuck,

What do I want?   Rest.  :)  Unfortunately, that's not happening this Christmas-work.    So, I'll settle for new underwear because with work the way it has been, I'll be pooping myself silly.

Scott<br type="_moz"/>

phillyD 12-15-2012 06:18 AM

Chuck
I am wishing for a 40 foot container of money.... Merry Christmas to all you guys.. i ain't commenting on nothing Especially Scotty's last post I may get decked.

dunkonu23 12-15-2012 10:49 AM

A programmable hard deck would be a cool thing! :) It opens up the world for folks like me who shake too much!

Scott

phillyD 12-15-2012 11:47 AM

Thaar she blows. Good thing I did not augment LOL

clp.eng 12-16-2012 11:01 AM

Scott - I feel for you! Hang in there man... Zzzzzzzzzz The Lunesta is on the way!

Phil - too much of anything would make you miserable - what a way to be miserable though, huh???? The container is on it's way, though I couldn't afford to insure it so I can't promise it will make it! LOL You know pirates & all, me hearty!!!!

I may have to fly something so I can break it to make the 50 bucks for free shipping! I haven't ordered the parts for the 300 yet! It's h3ll to be cheap...

Chuck

phillyD 12-16-2012 06:18 PM

Yes Sir Chuck
That is all I need..another hungry pirate to pirate my stuff. keep on trucking. Please don't put any lunesta for me or I may miss the pipe laying job LOL

dunkonu23 12-17-2012 03:30 AM

LOL, Chuck! I don't need no steeenkin' sleeping pills... I need someone to destroy my phones! :)

Scott

dknovick 12-17-2012 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

OK, Dave, so you tell it to come home, how does it know not to hit anything in its path back? Say, a truck parks in the path after it's gone by...

Na, it's not that smart (which would require a forward looking sensors like a laser scanner or radar). But you can set a minimum altitude (like 100ft), so that it's above anything it might hit on it's way back home.

Glad to hear that HH has finally figured out that you where correct the whole time. [&:]

Scott-
Oh, you mean self-leveling @ a predetermined altitude. I just have to let go of the sticks, and she'll self-right and stabilize (just not automatically). Actually, the attitude is software limited to 90°. So, no matter how long I hold the stick to far right (for example), it'll only get to 90°. There is a loop option, which I might play with this month. Some of the commercial FBL controllers have self-leveling. I know the Skookum Robotics FBL controllers have an option for self-leveling. The open source ones that I'm looking to use for my FBL controller have all those features (for much less).

Sorry to hear about the lack of rest.

Destroying phones? That's easy, drop 'em in the toilet, flush repeatedly.

phD-

i ain't commenting on nothing Especially Scotty's last post I may get decked.
Would that be a hard deck? :D
Like they say: I'd like to prove that being rich won't change me. Arrrg.

xmas? Looking forward to the robot dragonfly, but it won't be here 'til October. The Nexus 10 maybe. And another yo-yo. I also have an eye on the Blade 130X

-Dave

phillyD 12-18-2012 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Right on Dave
Being poor has definitey changed me.

Chuck
This is what it looks like and it works for me. No lateral pressure on the blades and I get a good cut. I got it so squared away I can use a T-square as a fence and the cut is straight. Only thing I have to run after it while cutting LMFAO

dknovick 12-18-2012 07:21 PM

Chuck
This is what it looks like and it works for me.
Man, that looks like a scary setup.
This link is for you:
[link=http://www.scaleflying.com/]Scale RC[/link]

-Dave

clp.eng 12-18-2012 07:58 PM

Phil - I got some hemorroids I think that contraption can fix for me! LMAO...

Dave - I was poking around my computer trying to clean it up a bit & ran into a link for the Walkera FP & there you were. I read some of my early posts -what a duffus... LOL Sadly I'm not much farther along!

That Eurocopter was in a James Bond movie I watched a couple of weeks ago...

I think it's time to bug Ivan again...

Chuck

phillyD 12-18-2012 09:47 PM

Well well Well guys(including me)
You guys are some sick mudding flowers(can't stop LMAOing) I read Dave's post first and thought..yes, it looks like an updated version of the rocking chair you'll find in a fetish shop, and I said hhmmm Philip you are getting to be "sick" then Chuck had to go and write that and now I am waking the neighbours at 1:45 am with peals of laughter. I am wondering if I shouldn't have put in "and it works for me" in my first lineLMFAO over and over again... HUH where is my chair

dunkonu23 12-19-2012 03:52 AM

Phil,

That thing looks diabolical!  OMG!!! 

Scott<br type="_moz"/>

clp.eng 12-20-2012 04:32 PM

A big Mayan good bye to you all!

Chuck

dunkonu23 12-21-2012 04:00 AM

Shhhhh..... let's all breathe a huge sigh of relief!

Scott

PS There WILL be an IRCHAthis year!

clp.eng 12-21-2012 11:10 AM

D@mn, that means I have to go to work next week!

Interesting note: After HH finally admitted there was a prob w/ the Tx but they had no solution so they tried every radio they could find & sent me one that didn't have that problem. However, the one they sent has a different problem! It's always something. I think I'm beat down enough to just keep it & live with the prob which isn't that big a deal but more annoying on several levels!

I'm fully Spektrum now, for better or worse!

Chuck

9sec240 12-22-2012 08:48 AM

Hi guys... I will be bored shatless for the next 11 days. I am off work till after new years and Nica has gone home to visit her parents in Arkansas. Hope everyone has a great holiday or two.

dunkonu23 12-23-2012 08:40 AM

Being bored is not a bad thing, Ivan! :) Thursday, I'm back at work, but now, on-call with a 5 minute response time... gotta be logged in a ready to go. I'm literally trapped at home. Are you in your new house, yet?

If you were closer, I'd invite you to spend Christmas with us. I don't like that you're there, bored, my friend.

Happy Merry, bro! Seriously. You're a good friend. Ireflect a lot. :)

Scott

PS On a hobby related note... I got a Spartan Vortex!!! :-)

phillyD 12-23-2012 09:06 AM

Cough Cough
Wow Scotty I'm left in the dust by your vortex.</p>

dunkonu23 12-23-2012 10:18 AM

Cough Cough
Wow Scotty I'm left in the dust by your vortex.</p>
LMAO!!!! Idon't know what to write... You crack me up!!

9sec240 12-23-2012 10:46 AM

No house yet. It has been over a QUARTER OF A YEAR since I put in an offer, they cashed my check and I still have no answer as to if they accepted my offer let alone a closing date. There is no way it will get closed before the end of the year which will kill the homeowner exemption for 2013 taxes. I am bummed. With no house to work on this time off of work is just a waste for me.

On an RC note, I bought a Nano and have been flying that at work. Pretty capable machine and tough as nails. It is a lot harder to control than the mCP X and gets out of control pretty quick. I have smashed it into just about everything and have yet to do anything but crack the canopy a little. I am digging this little bird.

Scott, I am assuming the Vortex is a FBL unit from Spartan? Let us know how it works out for you. While the Spartan gyro's I have hold the tail really well, they just did not have a natural feel to them when turning.

dunkonu23 12-23-2012 09:25 PM

Ivan,

It sounds to me like you need to take some kind of legal action (Idon't know what), but you put in a good faith deposit and they are not acting in good faith. Iwonder who cashed the check? The realtor? I thought good faith deposits were not supposed to be cashed until the offer is accepted and that the amount of the deposit goes towards either closing or the principal. Anyway you cut it, I would persue those ****'s until you get an answer.

The nano sounds like its good for reflexes! Duck and cover!

Yep, the Vortex is Spartan's FBLunit. Setup is pretty straight forward. The unit has a lot of parameters in more advanced modes. I really like the DataPod, it's very intuitive.

Scott