Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

What other batteries will fit my MotionRC Tigercat

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

What other batteries will fit my MotionRC Tigercat

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 05:37 PM
gizmospal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What other batteries will fit my MotionRC Tigercat

I just ordered the MotionRC Tigercat that is featured in the current AMA magazine. In both the article and videos on it they recommend a pair of ADMIRAL 4s 4000 mAh 40C batteries which are such a snug fit that some trimming of the cover is required. MotionRC is out of stock of these and many other ADMIRAL batteries. Is there another pair of same size in both power and physical size, that I can use, and where do I get them, as all Googling for ADMIRAL takes me back to MotionRC as I find no other source for this particular battery and I want to stick with max time for safety and getting the gear down and the flaps down if I am up too long and hear the motors stutter on low batts.

I am not good at navigation forums, so please contact me at [email protected] so I don't miss your reply.

Thanx!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:46 AM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are loads of other brands that would work fine. If we really knew, they all may come out of the same factory.

You may want to see if you could find a set that are slightly smaller in capacity such as 3600 mAHr. Regardless of size, I think I would fly 3-4 min, land and check how much of the battery is left

I like Venom batteries, Glacier and E-Flite. A lot of people buy from Hobby King as they have huge selection but you will find loads of delighted and unsatisfied customers with HK

Let us know how the plane flies. Looks beautiful.

Bob
Old 01-30-2017, 11:00 AM
gizmospal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Bob. Yeah, I am sure there are a LOT of things with other names and brands that all come from the same place. Opinions too. One fella just said to stay away from Eflite batts and that it was chancy to go HK. Will just have to sort thru the fresh incoming and see what settles out. Thanx again. Gunner