Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

EFLITE CARBON Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:48 AM
lorhd2005
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFLITE CARBON Z

I AM THINKING OF BUYIN THE NEW CARBON Z FROM EFLITE,ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS PLANE,ANYONE FLY IT YET,HOW IS THE SPEED ON IT AND CAN TOU TAME IT DOWN,I HAVE A DX 6I RADIO,I FLY A T-28 TROJAN,STRYKER F-27C,HANGAR 9 SARATOGA 40,T-34 MENTOR,WOULD I BE ABLE TO HANDLE THIS PLANE,I AM VERY CONFORTABLE WITH THE PLANES I FLY NOW,ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIETED,THANKS
Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 AM
rivas8409
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EFLITE CARBON Z

I own a Hangar 9 Pulse XT40, an E-flite T-34, and a few foamies (T-28 being one of them, and my first RC model ever) and I'm perectly comfortable with them as you are with yours.  I had the opportunity to fly an E-flite Carbon Z Yak (I don't own one....yet....) and it's fun to fly!  It handled a lot differently than my planes- I'm sure the fully semitrical wing had a lot to do with that.  I was using a friends DX7 with his expo and rates set up and I was able to manage it.  I'm sure if I had increased the expo it would have tamed it down a bit, but the throws weren't bad as they were set per the manual.  I'm not a big 3D flyer (I can do some basic 3D stuff)  but I really liked the way that plane flew.  That experience built up my confidence enough with that type of model to buy a Great Planes Eagle 580 that I had been eyeballing for some time. 

If you've got a sim, I'd say brush up on it using a 3D plane and when you do get your Yak take it easy on the first few flights with a good amount of expo.  Don't go "balls to the wall" straight out of the gates or it will probably end in a less than desirable outcome.  I flew that Yak twice, the first time was easy, sport-type flying just to get a feel for it, stalling, glide characteristics, and a few approaches and touch and gos before I came to a full stop.  The second time I was a little more brave and pushed it as far as I felt comfortable without having to buy the plane from him...got my heart pumping a bit but it was fun.  In my honest opinion, even though it's a park-flyer size, the Yak is a big step up from park flyers like the T-28...a lot less forgiving that's for sure. 

I don't know if any of this helps you out, but it's just my 2 cents.  If you're unsure try out a plane that's a little more tame, maybe a PZ Extra 330 and work your way up....maybe even a PZ Typhoon.  I know the Typhoon isn't the best 3D plane out there (and probably one of the ugliest planes PZ has come out with), but I have one and she's fun to throw around the park and easy to fix when dumb thumbs kick in.  The Typhoon is my beater plane.  I practice 3D stuff on the sim till I get the stick movements down and then go abuse the Typhoon trying to do it in the real world.  It's worked out for me.