Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

P-51B Mustang 32e

Old 04-01-2011, 07:04 AM
DarrellMims

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-51B Mustang 32e

Anyone have the new P-51B Mustang flying ? Likes and dislikes please.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:00 AM
DarrellMims

Default RE: P-51B Mustang 32e

Flew the Mustang for the first time yesterday ,Finally . Fast very Fast and a little pitch sensitive so I'm going to add a little nose weight. Over all I liked it and will like it more the more I can trim it for my style of flying . The scoop on the bottom of the wing blew off , it need a little reinforcement where it hooks on the wing .Magnets are strong but the wind will catch under it and oull it off. A 32 motor was plenty of power , flew with about half the throttle most of the time.Landing with flaps it slows very nicely and dont drop it in , got to fly it all the way till the wheels touch .
Old 07-21-2011, 04:26 AM
DarrellMims

Second Day of flying was better . The added nose weight ( 1/2oz) Improved the pitch some what,and moving the Battery Fwd as far as it would go helped. Added some expo to the controls and that also helped thesensitiveness in Pitch. Did a pull up at a slower speed and wings not level ,it has a tendency to tip stall if pulled too hard so watch your speed. Flew for 7 minutes each time and the battery still had 15.2 volts in it. It will balloon up if your speed is too fast on landing and you flair too high.I think it will be a nice airplane ,just can't take your eyes off of it or it'll be doing somethink different when you see it again. Still fast even at half throttle.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:53 AM
DarrellMims

Does anyone else have a problem with this plane ?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
jmdairplane

i just purchased one will use the 32 brushless motor  how many cells 4 cell or 5 cell what prop size did you use thanks.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 AM
DarrellMims

I have a 4s battery 3600Mah and I used a 14 -6 prop and cut the ends to make a 13 inch