Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Electrifly Super Sportster RXR

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
wattman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrifly Super Sportster RXR

Purchased the new Super Sportster RXR , and it is a really nice flyer .
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAVPG&P=ML

I belive it is a replacement for the Mini Super Sportster no longer in production . This is a improvement over the three that I have had .
This new Super Sportster only needs a receiver installed , and 4 screws and a bolt installed , and you are about ready to fly when the battery that you provide is charged .
Very visable paint scheme , and can be flown fast , or at half throttle and still a areobatic plane .
Manual states low rates and high rates , I had to use high rates on the rudder to be able to turn around on the pavement . And high rate on the stabilizer so I had enough to have some great flared landings . Maiden flight and the next flight had the best two smooth as glass landings that I had ever done .
I am very happy with this new Super Sportster RXR , Electrifly has produced a great plane .
Old 08-22-2011, 09:37 AM
wattman

Default RE: Electrifly Super Sportster RXR

I continue to enjoy flying this plane , and I have added some Hanger9 Ultratrim orange stripes to the wing bottom so I can see it better when flying .

Old 09-15-2011, 07:11 AM
wattman

Default RE: Electrifly Super Sportster RXR

Used my SSrxr for my very first AP onboard videos
Useing a Kodak Mini Video Camera taped into the canopy area overlooking the wing , while leaving the canopy OFF !
Plane flys well with the camera at about the CG location , and flying with the canopy off did not cause any problems .
Fun to do , and it gave me a aerial view of where I fly .

enjoy the video , but turn the sound way down .

http://youtu.be/uv3qf9VyEIQ