Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Fliton Mini Edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 08:27 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fliton Mini Edge 540

I just picked one of these beauties up at my LHS. I found the post on the Cirkus archives but obviously can't get any new info there. Lots of good stuff there though, but I have a few questions for those of you lucky enough to own one...

1. The CG listed in the manual seems to be rather far back on the wing, compared to my WH 25%, it's almost mid-chord. I keep reading that it flies fine with the CG there so I'm going to use that range as a starting point, albiet in the fwd. half of the range. Is it common for smaller planes to have their CG further back?

2. Control throws, none listed in the manual. I'm setting it up similar to the throws I use on my larger edge, which is to say very little elevator and lots of rudder/ alieron. Any suggestions out there? Any suggestions as to expo? I read that it really isn't a twitchy ship at all, but the next smallest plane I have is about three times the size so I'm in new territory here.

Oh yeah, specifics...

E-flight park 480 outrunner
Phoenix 30 (or is it 35?)
Kokam 3c 2000
Hitec receiver and HS 56 servos
APC 11x7 prop (shop was out of 11x6 which was my first choice)

built mostly according to the instructions, used micro tailwheel instead of skid, and still have to finalize how I'm going to keep the hatch on. Probablly magnets but I bought a couple that were too small.

Should be getting a maiden here in the next day or so, and will get some pics when it's sitting out in the sun.

Andy
Old 09-25-2011, 04:59 AM
studly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fliton Mini Edge 540

I just flew mine yesturday for its maiden flight. Go back and check all your glue joints mine came apart in flight, wasn't too bad no damage to the plane was able to fly it down. The plane also apears to be tail heavy..... My CGmeasurment was 2 3/8 from leading edge. What was the manual telling you to put yours at.. I didn,t get manual with mine.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:23 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fliton Mini Edge 540

Sorry bud, plane is long gone.....