Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Eflite RV-9 Beginner question

Old 10-16-2011, 06:08 PM
junkyardflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflite RV-9 Beginner question

I recently flew my first bottom wing which was an eflite RV-9 and resulted in a death roll on my 3rd turn which ripped 1 side the landing gear and broke the motor shaft. It was flying smoothly but i never gave it much throttle, the wihd was 6mph. I need to know what would cause a spiral to the ground. Im guessingflying at to slow of a speed. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:18 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Eflite RV-9 Beginner question

Sounds like a stall/spin caused by too little speed and too much bank. Based on what I've seen at my club the RV9 has a tendency to drop a wing and spin when stalled (members lost two, both on turn to final).
Walt
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM
junkyardflyer

Thx for the help. Im slow putting it back together as my next flight I intendto pick upthe pace quite a bit.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
DVI

I had the RV-9, But I did sell it a few weeks ago. I took awhile to work the bugs out of this airplane, But it is a good flying machine.
I put the CG where suggested by the mfg and found it to be a little tail heavey and very sensetive on the elevator. The airplane will behave better if you give it a forward CG and use a little expo in your radio setup. Also you will need to cut a cooling hole in the bottom of the aft fuselage, Not only for cooling but it will also keep the canpony from being blown off during high speeds due to pressure build up in the fuselage.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:50 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

I have had no issues with mine, keep some power up, especially when using a smaller motor.
When turning, it does tend to want to turn sharper and lose airspeed.

You should really use the rudder when turning, and not let the wings get to steep in a turn, or she will slide out and wing stall, especially if you dont have alot of airtime.

If using the flaps, keep the power up and turns shallow, or she will definately drop out on you.

Good Luck!