Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle 580 EP ARF 50"

Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle 580 EP ARF 50"

Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
rrlouis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle 580 EP ARF 50"

I just purchased this plane, my first sport plane. I plan to fly this with:

E-590 Power Up 32 Sport Outrunner Brushless motor
E-191 HURC 80 Amp OPTO Brushless Motor ESC (overkill, I know)
G-150 3 Amp UBEC
Either a 3S 2200mah or a 4S 2600mah Lipo
Hitec 19g HS-82MG Metal Gear Micro Servos

I have been watching for posts on modifying the problems others have had, and I've seen some ideas on beefing up the landing gear supports in the fuse using plywood up the sides and along the bottom behind the gear mounting plate. I've also plugged the stock mounting holes on the motor mount and re-drilled for the larger x-mount of the Power Up 32 motor with no problem. But I don't like the connecting bar for the two elevator halves. As others have reported, it seems that it will develop some flop after a while. I figure that I will use one servo for each elevator, but I am unsure how to do this. If I mount them mirror image on each side of the fuse, I will have rotation sync problems if I use a y-harness. Can I overcome this by mounting one upside down from the other so that as both rotate clockwise, one will push from the bottom and the other from the top, or should I just use two channels for this with my Spektrum DX7S? I was planning to use two channels also for the ailerons. Is this too much?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96128.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1809110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26364.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1809111  
Old 01-20-2013, 10:31 PM
bobbitchen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle 580 EP ARF 50

I know it's over 3 months since your post, but I have the same plane and run 2 elevator servos. Right half goes to ELEV and left half goes to AUX2. Select dual elevator for Wing Type in setup screen, reverse as needed and you're in business