Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First electric plane.

I have a acrobatic plane, it is a AEROSPACE MT, acrobatic profile plane. It has a 49" wing span. What size electric motor, speed control, and battery would be best for this porject. I do not have any experance with electric set up, also need to know what charger will be need, both AC and DC use.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: First electric plane.

I would go with a power15- 25 motor, a 40- 50 amp esc-3 cell 2200 lipo with what you have as an ARF kit. You may be able to drop a motor size if the 3-D plane weigs in at around 2 lbs, and still have "hover" capabilities. Sounds like fun are you up to an aerobatic plane?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: First electric plane.

I have a 60 size stick now and a quick 4 star 40.I amcomfortable with the stick and still trying to get comfortable with the 4 star 40. I hope the aerodatic will be fun, I will take it slow and stay 3 or 4 mistakes high at first. I have some good teachers in our flying club. Thanks for the info.