Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Sig Rascal Flying Opinions

Old 08-27-2003, 06:11 PM
ANE002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Rascal Flying Opinions

I'm looking for input from fliers of this a/c. I've heard some pretty good things about the glow 40 ARF and was wondering if the electric version might be just as good?

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:31 AM
scout1205

I owned one for my first plane, I learned and had my first solo on it. I ended up taking off the landing gear and went with a hand launch to save drag. The plan flew well in the air but the take offs can be a little hairy if you dont give it a good level throw. I would also suggest going with an 8 cell pack, this provides the added power and makes for a better flight. But to answer your question it is a great plane very well designed and can be a lot of fun especially for small field etc, however the .40 has alirons lots of power and size so comparing them is not as easy as just being the same design. You could also power the rascal with an .049 or .061 trottled the kit calls for both. Give it a try, but it basically comes down to what you want, enjoy.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:28 AM
ANE002

Scout..Thanks for the input. I like trying different aspects of RC flying and my experience with models has been some fly very nice and some do not, so I thought I'd get some input on this one before buying it. Take care.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:40 PM
Airborne82nd

I just bought my second Rascal electric (I liked it that much). My first one was my first balsa plane and I learned a lot from it. Unfortunately, I crashed it toooo many times (not the planes fault) and I decided to get a new one.

I really like the way it flys and it has some really nice gliding characteristics. I've caught thermals a couple of times and it really lengthened my flight times.

I'm using the recommended 7-cell 600mah batteries and I can get about 8-10 minute flight times. (longer with thermals-maybe 15 to 20 minutes). I may try and go up to the 8 cells and a speed 500 motor someday.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:15 PM
cafplanekid
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Sig Rascal Flying Opinions

I have a Rascal 40 Arf that ive converted to electric. I have an AXI 2820/10 on it, with 10 cell CP-2400 packs. My plane weighs in at 5 LBS 10 OZ AUW. I havent flown it yet, but i hope to this weekend. If it flys as good as it looks, ill be more than happy! There have been alot of 40 Arf conversions, go to theezonemag.com , and check under Sport Planes. Search for Rascal and youll find alot of info. I think there have been about 1/2 a dozen different power setups, randing from the little (comparitevely) AXI 2820/10 to a Hacker B50! Hope this helps
Jonathan
Old 09-09-2003, 05:16 PM
cafplanekid
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Sig Rascal Flying Opinions

pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48400.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	60256   Click image for larger version