Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

World Models Fun World EP

New to Electrics, been flying Glo mostly. Thought I would try an Electric. Got a good deal on this Model. What would be a good Motor / ESC combo for this plane. Instructions say 380 watt size motor?? I want to do a little 3D, so maybe a little on the more power side is what im looking for. Thanks in advance from a newbie to electric flight.

Vince

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: World Models Fun World EP

I have a E-Flite Power 15 brushless outrunner Motor 950KV in mine. I am using a 3-cell 2100mah pack.
    I want my Six Dollars!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Thanks for the information. What kind of performance are you getting? What size ESC are you using? Prop?

Vince

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am running a Electrifly SS45 Speed control
    with a APC 13x4 prop

I have 180 Led lights on it. the lights are powered by a 1320mah 3S pack. so that has added some weight to the plane. The battery powering the lights is way overkill, but i already had it.

The planes flies very well. I have only flown it at night so i have not tried any 3D flight with it. But it does all the standard aerobatics, loops, rolls, inverted etc.

If you fly off grass. Reinforce the landing gear block. The first time i went to take off it ripped the landing gear block off before it moved 6 inches.
    I used Hitec HS-81 servos. Had to trim the servo openings just a tad. probably took a minute for each servo.
    I want my Six Dollars!!!!