Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mini Ultra Stick Wing Incidence

Hi! I joined this site a long time ago but am just recently getting back into the hobby. Here's the question: I recently purchased an E-Flight Mini Ultra Stick, and me being me, I promptly stripped the stock covering off and re-covered it in Monokote. I thoroughly checked the plane before and after and the covering doesn't appear to have warped anything any different from how it was before I re-covered it. BUT, the wings seem to have a negative angle of incidence to them... meaning the front is lower than the back. I'm no aeronautical engineer, but I am very familiar with aviation in general and the basic principles of flight. With the wings level, this results in the horizontal stab drooping, which I would assume resuld in the same effect as a down elevator.

Are other's MUS's or similar Stik type aircraft layed out in the same way?

Here's a pic of what i'm talkin' bout:

And, just to show off the finished product I made the sharkmouth from scratch using Monokote trim:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mini Ultra Stick Wing Incidence

Nice!

Kurt