Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pilot OK Models Jungmann EP

I've decided I'd like to have a small version of the Goldberg models Bucker Jungmann, but after comparing these plans to a set of Pilot OK Model plans, I liked the more scale outline of the Pilot plans. Since Pilot kits are rare and costly, I decided to scratch build one as the size is what I wanted, but needed to modify this model to get the Lycoming engine cowl and enclosed canopy cockpit. I looked for parts from other models for the mods and came up with landing gear from an Eflite 25 size Cub, canopy hatch from a Seagull models 46 size Ultimate biplane and a cowl from a Pheonix models 30 size Katana. The canopy hatch dropped right in without any major mods to the Pilot plans. I have the fuselage framed up and will be working on the tail section next. I have the tail surfaces made, but I didn't use the materials shown on plans as this was overkill, so I made these parts lighter with more open frame construction instead of solid balsa. The wings are moslty finished and didn't deviate from wing plans as they were light enough as built. I modified the canopy and cockpit hatch to be more scale, this included cutting 1" off each side height and 1" off the length. Will continue this build and updates as I get them done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf99978.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	1862942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Je10452.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	1862943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sx62636.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	1862944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu60325.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	1862945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84012.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	1862946  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64534.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	1862947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl30472.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	1862948