Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Mini Ultra Stick Wing Incidence

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:03 PM
badestdudeintown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Ultra Stick Wing Incidence

Hi! I joined this site a long time ago but am just recently getting back into the hobby. Here's the question: I recently purchased an E-Flight Mini Ultra Stick, and me being me, I promptly stripped the stock covering off and re-covered it in Monokote. I thoroughly checked the plane before and after and the covering doesn't appear to have warped anything any different from how it was before I re-covered it. BUT, the wings seem to have a negative angle of incidence to them... meaning the front is lower than the back. I'm no aeronautical engineer, but I am very familiar with aviation in general and the basic principles of flight. With the wings level, this results in the horizontal stab drooping, which I would assume resuld in the same effect as a down elevator.

Are other's MUS's or similar Stik type aircraft layed out in the same way?

Here's a pic of what i'm talkin' bout:

And, just to show off the finished product I made the sharkmouth from scratch using Monokote trim:

Old 09-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mini Ultra Stick Wing Incidence

Nice!

Kurt
Old 01-21-2015, 11:25 AM
roxyndav
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue. I guess most of the folks that are flying this airplane have the elevator trimmed up 1/8" or more to compensate for this.
That said, I am not to happy with the position of the horizontal stab in relation to the wing.
I think the CG is incorrect in the manual, since I have used the recommended E-Flight 450 motor, ESC, and battery and found the airplane to be very nose heavy.
Between these two issues I am forced to land the airplane extremely hot.
I am planning on adding weight to the tail to move the CG back so it will land at a reasonable speed and not like a flying brick.