Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

fmode help re night visionaries and dx7s

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

fmode help re night visionaries and dx7s

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 03:42 AM
ihasaradio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fmode help re night visionaries and dx7s

I got the night visionaire yesterday and programmed it as per the manual for my Spektrum DX7S. The programming instructions are the same for the DX8 and the DX7s, and the manual says that the fmode switch will go into 3D mode in position 2, but stay in precision mode in positions 0 and 1. However, the DX7S has a two position fmode switch with positions 0 and 1, and I can't seem to switch it into 3D mode. I haven't taken it up yet. I'm just holding it in various positions and checking the control surface response, but I can't detect any difference when I flip the mode switch. I tried using my flap switch instead by setting mode switch to inhibit and setting flaps to gear, but I still can't see any difference when I flip the flap switch. So I guess my question is two fold: how do I tell if I switched modes while on the ground, and how do I set up the transmitter for flight mode switching?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:32 PM
ihasaradio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to parkzone customer support and they acknowledged the typo in the manual, but said the switch should work fine. On the DX7S, 0 is precision mode and 1 is 3D. I had not reversed aux successfully, so the plane was trying to auto level constantly. That's why I didn't see a change in throw when switching to 3D.