Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Acro Phat

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 05:42 PM
bguy144
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acro Phat

Has any one flown one of these or seen any one fly one. i think i want one but i am not sure. any suggestion will be awsome
Old 03-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Larry Larsen

Default RE: Acro Phat

Hi this is larry boy I have an acrophat and love it. BUT dont even mess with the motor that it comes with. Get the brushless and you will not be disapointed.
It is very fast and has a good rool rate. You can do aerobatics at 75 percent power no problem. If you are high and comedown fast at full power flutter is possible as mind does it when letting it go to fast.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:27 AM
bguy144
My Feedback: (47)

i was actualy concidering just getting the brushed motor and putting lipos in it to reduse the weight, this way i would not have to spend the money on the brushless right away. do you think that this would work. i dont need a balisticly fast plane i just want it to fly very well. how did it preform with the brushed motor in your opinion
Old 09-04-2006, 05:27 PM
heffajones

I have recently purchased one of these babies, and though on the web site it shows a picture of this plane in a blue covering, I recieved mine and it was amber. A difficult color to see in some circumstances. I went with a brushless setup in mine I'm using a apex class 400 outrunner, and this baby will get up and go. This is an extremely fast plane and will go where you point it. CG is kind of tricky to accomplish, and I basicall have to remove the wing to place the battery in the sweet spot. I don't really mind as I get 20 minutes plus with a 3s 1800MAH Lipo, and the wing is simply removed with 1 screw.It takes all of 1 minute tops to change out the battery. Time to give your thumbs a rest. I have tried using some colored tape on the wing tips to make this thing more visible, and have narrowly escaped disaster by just losing site of this aircraft.