Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Any Zagi-like plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:27 AM
flynfishr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Zagi-like plane

Looking for a flying wing that is Zagi tough but can handle standard size sevos and reciever.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:02 PM
SooprDink

Default RE: Any Zagi-like plane

The WindRider Ele Bee is a flying wing that uses standard sized servos. I almost bought one...still will in a month or two. I have heard great things about this wing. It is not cut with a hot wire. The EPP wing core is molded. No cutting for servos or anything and both wing halves are perfect because of the molding process. Go to Atlantahobby.com and look in their airplane section under wings. They have good descriptions of the wing and I think they have some video of it flying as well. Good luck!

Shaun
Old 03-16-2004, 06:58 AM
rrweather
My Feedback: (7)

www.combatwings.com

Look up the XE2. I just finished building one this past weekend. I used two standard Hitec servos and a 555 Rx. Everything is contained within the foam so no taping battery trays, etc. On the site, also check out the video page. There is a video of the XE2 slamming into a fence numerous times to prove its durability. Worth a look in my opinion. Also, check the foamie discussion board for more help on this topic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63005.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	111967  
Old 03-21-2004, 05:54 PM
raptor22

Unicorn is excellent, and XE2 is very close (I hear). I like my unicorn.

Check out www.unicornwings.net.

--Alex
Old 03-26-2004, 06:35 AM
l g bonney

Re Windrider Ele Bee:

Try to check if your supplier has newer stock, which apparantly includes a Mabuchi 400 motor.
Older stock has a non branded motor which is very weak.

Although I've not yet built mine, there are questionable aspects to the design ie:
The 'Pod/battery tray" is very thin, I reckon the battery would break out on impact.
The rx is taped into a cavity in the wing, fine if you have several radio sets, but a potential problem if not.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:36 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I have the Unicorn, Zagi 400X & Wing Warrior E-Zipper MkII.

They're all good, however my favorite is the Unicorn. They're all roughly the same, however the Unicorn pulls into the lead on a couple of points. It can thermal & fly slower than any of them. It also seems to handle a little better than the others, flying "as if on rails", while the others have a tendency to kind of mush around turns slightly, especially if speeds are slower. This makes it a better "all-around' plane IMO.

There's a huge thread on Unicorns over on "the other" RC board. All those people can't be wrong.

Good luck,
Brad