Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Wattage Pitts tested

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 08:05 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Pitts tested

I just flew my Wattage Pitts Special Bipe for the first time. It weighs 26 ounces with a Mega 16/15-6, an APC 8x4e prop, and a TP 2100 3 cell. It flew very well with this set up. It does need more aileron throw and it needed a few clicks of down. It flipped when it landed because of the grass. I'll probably put on bigger wheels but otherwise, I'm very satisfied. Gary
Old 05-09-2004, 08:41 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Wattage Pitts tested

Thanks for posting that, Gary. Those Pitts look sweet. I'm tempted.

Thanks again,
Brad
Old 05-10-2004, 12:30 AM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

Gary, will you have any videos of it? I'd love to compare it with the wattahe ultimate bipe.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:03 AM
GWR

Sorry, no videos. Gary
Old 05-12-2004, 11:58 AM
GWR

Update. The plane is still flying well. One change needed. The interplane struts are made of a thin plastic and they're starting to crack and break. If anyone decides to get one, re-inforce the area where the strut bolts to the lower wing. I'm going to try using ca hinge material to fix it. The strut is glued to the upper wing and it seems alright there. Gary
Old 05-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Tommignon

How is it for spins, inverted, stalls and other fun things? I love my wattage Extra. Just changed to a cobri gear box from
e-flightline.com with himax and 3.78 ratio and 3 blade 8/6 prop can't wait to fly. used to have jeti 15-3 on it it was nose heavy. i use tanic 10C 2200mah cells. will they fit in the Pitts. that is one great looking plane.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:36 PM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

Someone get some videos of their wattage pitts, I need to see this plane fly. lol I knew if I got one I'd probally crash it on take off. Since its a 140 dollar kit from www.hobbypeople.net, I'm not going to take the risk
Old 05-22-2004, 08:57 AM
gquiring

I captured some video of Gary R flying his Wattage Pitts last week. It flies very well but does not like grass landings. It is a very nice looking plane.

http://edison.qdigi.com/rc/WattagePitts.wmv
Old 05-25-2004, 01:22 AM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

great video!!! I've always wanted to see that plane fly. How does it do rolls? Are the rolls axile?
Old 05-26-2004, 07:23 PM
GWR

I rolls nice but slow. I was adding more throw to get it to roll faster but I did a face plant while hand launching it and bent the motor shaft. I'll have to straighten the shaft before I do anymore flying. GWR
Old 05-29-2004, 09:47 PM
GWR

It looks like the prop adapter bent and not the motor shaft; whew! I'm also going to add some down thrust to stop the climbing. Still needs more aileron throw. GWR
Old 06-06-2004, 08:39 AM
whitewater111
My Feedback: (2)

Gary,
I saw the video of your plane. Looks like a great flyer.
What kind of average flight times are you getting with the 3S 2100's?
Thanks, Erik
Old 06-06-2004, 08:08 PM
GWR

I haven't timed any of the flights so far. I usually fly about 10 minutes. I've yet to have the BEC kick in and I always check the battery voltage after I land and it's always over 11 volts, usually about 11.25. GWR
Old 06-10-2004, 10:32 PM
MrPheer
My Feedback: (5)

I'm impressed... i'm going to drive down to hobby people tomorrow and buy one. I almost bought it yesterday but changed my mind at the last minute.

Since i moved to Las Vegas a year and a half ago I havent flown anything. I had 12 large gas powered planes in texas but sold them before I moved. Have no place to store them here.

After seeing that video I'm definately getting one of these small planes.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:58 AM
GWR

If you haven't flown in a year and a half, maybe you should start with something a little less aerobatic. If your going to Hobby People, take a look at the Super Impress first. Of coarse any plane you get you should trash the stock motor and get a brushless. GWR
Old 06-13-2004, 06:16 PM
MrPheer
My Feedback: (5)

I've been flying for 17 years total and stay current on my simulators. I'll take my zagi up before flying the pitts. Just bought it today, I should have it flying by the weekend. Sure is a nice little airplane.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:46 PM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

ZAGI'S RULE!!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:16 PM
DJT

Gary,

It sounded like you were having so much fun with your Pitts I had to get one. Is that Mega motor 16/15/6 the motor you reccomend? Also what speed controller are you running? Thanks!

David
Old 06-30-2004, 01:09 AM
GWR

I tried that motor because a friend had the same one in a Wattage Cap232 and it flew good. There may be something better but why mess with success! We both use the Castle Creations Pheonix 25esc and a 3 cell Thunder Power 2100 LiPo pack and an APC 8x4E prop. Also, you should figure out a better way to mount the motor. The stock set up is very weak due to garbage plywood and breaks whenever the prop touches anything.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:08 PM
carlosre

Old 05-02-2005, 11:00 AM
GWR

WOW! [sm=biggrin.gif]This thread is kinda old and people are still looking at it, [8D]COOL! Sorry the video don't work.[sm=eek.gif] I don't fly the Pitts anymore; I've gone all blue fan fold.If anyone's interested, I'll be selling the Pitts, less electrics, at the Lehigh Valley fly in in Pa next month.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 05-06-2005, 08:52 PM
carlosre

I think you're making a mistake getting rid of your Pitts. I've been flying mine for approx. 6 mo. It actually took me three models to figure it out, but now it flies beautiful. The old color scheme is the best and repairs are simple. A few easy modifications from the factory stock and it does amazing things, AMAZING.
I started with the Wild Cat, but it was too easy, but then I got the Pitts 400. The ailerons were weak and thats bad for a plane with bad habits. I kept spinning it into the ground making any turn slower than 90% max speed. Thats how I began learning how to fix these WattAge models and how to modify them. Scavenge plastic to make patches just like tire patches on the body, you can rebuild a lot.
Cut ailerons into the top wing, 4 to 5 inches long......
Let me know if I need to go on, you might not be interested anymore. I have video.
FIx it and fly it in Pa.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:23 PM
lmopar69

GWR, how much you want for the Pitts? Can you send me a PM? Thanks. Oh, do you take Iraqi Dinar? lol Dont worry, no one else does either. Not even Iraqis.

Laine
Old 09-15-2005, 12:14 PM
tramsay

I have had my eye on this plane for over a year now and am starting to get serious about getting one....

GWR,
Why are you not flying it anymore? Would you still recommend it? I have been flying the e-flite mini funtana, and love it!...but also want a bipe, and thought this looked perfect. I have himax 2025-4266 looking for a home, but it is a stick mount motor. Does the Wattage Pitts allow for a stickmount motor?

thanks in advance!
~Tip
Old 09-19-2005, 02:34 PM
hiroman
My Feedback: (-1)

hey. gwr Im planing to use the same motor on my pitts too... what aize prop and gear ratio are you planing to go with?
ORIGINAL: tramsay

I have had my eye on this plane for over a year now and am starting to get serious about getting one....

GWR,
Why are you not flying it anymore? Would you still recommend it? I have been flying the e-flite mini funtana, and love it!...but also want a bipe, and thought this looked perfect. I have himax 2025-4266 looking for a home, but it is a stick mount motor. Does the Wattage Pitts allow for a stickmount motor?

thanks in advance!
~Tip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.