Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

wattage G202

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 12:57 PM
No-Apologies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wattage G202

Anyone fly the Wattage Giles G202? I bought one and I/m curious of the performance with the stock 400 motor. May change to brushless before I try to fly. Any ideas?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:50 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: wattage G202

Throw or give the Wattage Cobalt 400 IMMEDIATELY! If you try flying with this motor the plane will be ruined before you even get the chance to upgrade to a bruchless. [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 12-19-2004, 08:12 AM
tagger4

How bout some recommendations on replacement motor, gearbox, prop on this bird.
I have one waiting for a good day to fyl it with the stock motor.

Tom
Old 01-05-2005, 02:14 PM
No-Apologies

I have flown this bird 3 times now on the stock motor. I have upped the battery to a 3cell 1500 Kokam pack. I know, I know... I'm gonna fry the motor. I plan on switching to brushless soon. Hopefully before I burn it off and kill her. She flies good under this set up now. Motor does not seem to get too hot.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
tagger4

Well, as soon as the weather permits I will try to fly mine with the stock motor and prop.

Thanks No-Apologies
Old 04-11-2005, 07:06 AM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

Hey No Apoligies- This is a older thread but in case you haven't found a setup (brushless) for your Wattage Giles yet heres a setup we have finally
figured out that works fantastic. I have the Wattage Cap 232 that wieghs in at exactly 28 oz. This thing flies great now after a year of various motor, battery, gearbox setups (it took a while because of weather and time). The Mega 16-15-3 motor with a mega 2.0-1 gearbox an 8x4 APC
prop (not the E prop but the standard Apc) 3s lipo 2150mah Tanic battery. I get 8-12 min. flight time depending on areobatics performed. This thing flies great and will hang with this setup and do great areobatics. I'm finally a very happy pilot with this plane and setup. I now will go and get the Giles and Extra and put the same setup in them ..good luck and happy landings......Chase