Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Ultra RC customer service (or lack thereof)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Ultra RC customer service (or lack thereof)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 12:31 PM
jfv61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra RC customer service (or lack thereof)

Based on the review here at RC Universe I ordered the 3D Buddy Edge 540 from Ultra RC. When I recieved it I found the fuselage was rather warped to I called them to try to get a replacement - that was a full week ago. After leaving several voice messages and also email I have not had any response from them at all! Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with Ultra RC service?
Old 07-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Dsegal

Default RE: Ultra RC customer service (or lack thereof)

They seem to be a poorly organized operation. I returned a field stand to them for refund which they promptly refused to accept from UPS and then told me that the incident had never happened. The package was again sent to them and it took two phone calls to get the refund check.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:58 AM
jfv61

12 days later I did get a response (they explained that they had been in China visting the factories). With their suggestions (it took several attempts with heat gun/iron) I was able to get the fuselage relatively flat. So, once I got them to respond they were helpful but I agree that they seem strectched very thin. To go 12 days without answering phone calls or emails is a pretty crazy way to run a business.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:11 PM
ahughes

For others, here is my experience with ultra-rc.

I placed an order on the ultra-rc website on 6/28 for the Giles 202 with the understanding that the item was back ordered until 7/10 (I don't have a problem waiting for the item). However, my charge card was immediately charged the full amount when the ad specifically states there will be no charge until the item ships. I realize this may just be a result of the on-line ordering system so I figured I'd contact them and straighten things out. However, my attempts to contact them via e-mail and phone go without reply. This is where I have a problem, a simple response is all that is needed. I got burned by Creek Hobbies last year and I am very sensitive to lack of response. I the case of Creek Hobbies, their lack of response was due to the fact that they were actually going out of business and this left me with little recourse.

If I don't hear back soon, I may have to file a complaint to the credit card company to try to get my money back. This whole situation surprises me because my previous experience with ultra-rc last year was excellent, with helpful and quick service (Brian Hughes was excellent to deal with). I don't know what happened. But with over $400 bucks out there and no communications, I get a little concerned.

Hopefully ultra-rc monitors this site for feedback and I will hear back shortly. Time will tell.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:05 AM
ahughes

Update to my previous post:

Within one day of my original posting on the RCU regarding my concerns with my ultra-rc order, I got a message via e-mail from Brian Hughes of ultra-rc. Apparently he had replied to my original e-mail (when I placed the order) however, the e-mail was lost somewhere in the process. Maybe on my side because I use a public mail server. That being said, Brian explained the process, and all is well. I am leaving my existing order in place and look forward to receiving the Giles. Thank you Brian for the quick reply to my concern.

Andrew
Old 09-21-2005, 02:14 PM
blemery
My Feedback: (3)

The customer service hasn't gotten any better! I have a 3D Buddy Edge 540 that the fuselage broke apart in flight due to a thrown prop blade. Ordered a new fuselage on their web site and credit card was charged same day. Got order confirmation within in the hour. Been almost two weeks and no fuselage nor can I get through on the telephone or get a response on e-mails. It's too hard to deal with someone that will not answer you, too bad as their products fly great. [][][]
Old 05-08-2006, 02:43 PM
jfv61

Many months later, I finally killed my old 3D Buddy Edge 540. I must say that little sucker is one of the best flying planes I've ever had, sometimes I wish it was a bit more sturdy but part of what makes it such a great flyer is the light weight.

Anyway, I thought I'd return to my old thread here: I called Ultra today to get a new buddy and some gearboxes (I didn't want to order on their site because it adds postage to each item). I got an answer right away and already have the UPS tracking number via email. I'll post again when the stuff actually arrives but it looks like things have improved.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:01 PM
jfv61

The Cap kit arrived today and looks really good (they've even beefed up the fuse a bit where the Edge was weak). My experience this year has been MUCH better than last year.