Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Potensky Eagle vs. Parkzone Typhoon?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Potensky Eagle vs. Parkzone Typhoon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 10:34 PM
JeremySutton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potensky Eagle vs. Parkzone Typhoon?

Advice and guidance needed ...

**** Regarding ****
what to buy? (1) Potensky Eagle or (2) Parkzone Typhoon

I am looking for the right !QUOT!intro to aerobatics park flyer!QUOT! and a plane that will give me some basic 3-D experience. It's important that I get a plane that I can continue to grow into over the long run.

**** My Current Experience & Equipment is ****
For the last two years I have flown a Graupner Mini Piper (on my second one. I destroyed my first one) and I now can take off confidently (if there is a light head wind); land in pretty small areas; do loops; do touch downs; 40 foot spurts of very shallow dives - near inverted flight; etc. I have a Hitech Flash 5 radio and am very happy with it.

**** My situation ****
Over the last couple years I have read some good reviews on the Potensky Eagle and a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to buy the ARF Eagle, motor, speed control, and prop for $89.00 (on clearance from $135) and I jumped on it. I was committed to buying the Parkzone Typhoon for $220 for the RTF; which seems like a great deal to me. When I look at the performance stats for both planes it looks like the power, wingspan, etc. are bit bigger and better on the Typhoon.

Yesterday at my local hobby store I got to see the Typhoon up close and I am really impressed and am now considering returning my Potensky Eagle with buyer's remorse.

The plus to the Eagle is I can use my computerized radio with it and adjust the settings as I learn to fly so I will be less likely to crash. The other upside is that I have read great reviews on the Eagle, but none are written on the Typhoon yet. I have a charger already that will work for the Eagle. But then again, the Eagle will cost $80 more to get in the air.

My question is, when it comes down to long term performance and short run learning which plane is better. It's possible that the Eagle will out perform the Typhoon when flown by an experienced pilot.

Should I have buyer's remorse or should I keep my Eagle and be happy and excited with my Potensky plane?

Any advice to stop my obsessing would be helpful...

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:41 PM
SS2P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Potensky Eagle vs. Parkzone Typhoon?

i like typhoon in stock form and there is always an upgrade for it