Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

ultra newb wants some info!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 01:40 PM
wetzelpretzel425

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultra newb wants some info!

well i am really into cars but when i went to my lhs there were some guys fixing a plane and then the owner said he wanted to fly it so we went out be hind the lhs and he flew it. right then i was entriged i wanted to get into it. well right now i am just looking for info on planes like really basis stuff like: what are ailerons, what defines 3d and 4d flying, and also what would be a pretty godd plane right now i have my eye on the pico stick, the slow stick, the j-3 cub , and the tiger moth, i only have 160 to get the whole plane up on the air so please dont recomens any planes that are way to advanced for a beginer. at my hobby shop th eowner recomended those planes i was looking mostly at the slow stick or the tiger moth or the pico stick and i would probably run a aeon brushless with a 9 amp esc thats what the owner is running in his tiger moth

thank you in advance and sorry for all of the questions

-brandon
Old 02-04-2006, 07:15 PM
viperdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ultra newb wants some info!

First of all brandon, on your next posts please try to correct your grammar befor posting, and dont use any initials for something that most poeple here wouldnt know.
-just a little helping hint

now if i were you i would go out and get a simulator, even though most poeple hate this idea, its well worth it, let me give you an example

Great Planes Real Flight G3 simulator- 200$

vs.

cheap foamy-100$
+10$ for a replacement wing (x5)
+15$ for a new feusalage (x3)
+60$ for batteries

total =255$

now 55 bucks is a minor difference in the real rc world, however that was just an esstimate, it could be more, or less. but that is a single plane, G3 has probably 40 planes or more, so do the math,

1 cheap electric plane 255$
2 better electric plane 350$
3 great electric plane 700$
4 Gas Trainer 500$
5. Gas Plane 700$
6. Gas 4d plane 800-1000$
7. Jet 4000 and up.

considering on what u do, and dont, you will end up paying a $#!%lload more then learning on a simulator Dave Brown make a simulator, however it only runs on windows 95-200, not xp. so try some of the latest ones, i think g2 sells for about 15 now