Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

HELP, i crashed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 06:19 PM
spark6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, i crashed!

k, here goes i took my nice new reflection bipe out for the first time today... it was great, while it lasted, the plane rose off after oh, 15ft, and went straight up... it was incredible. i then proceded to fly it around for a bit, which ended up bringing me to another straightup climb, but this time, the motor popped right off, and the plane [now powerless] fell out of the sky... [X(] i manaeged to bring it down in a gentle crash, or you might call it a hard landing... lol anyway, i found i had missed the screw that was to hold the motor mount on place, and it had just been held in with glue... wow, i am dumb, but that isn't the part i need help with, it is the fact that both aileron control horns pulled out of the foam wings, one taking a chunk about 1/4" by 1/4" with it, so my question is, how can i fix this? i want to go flying again soon! i have thought of just gluing the pieces back together, and then reenforcing them with balsa or cardstock or something, but is that gonna be strong enough for a point that has so much pressure on it? should i just make new ailerons? thanx in advance!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HELP, i crashed!

if the pieces fit back in...then just use foam safe CA and glue them in... the glue will be stronger than the foam around it...
Old 04-02-2006, 12:31 PM
SS2P

Default RE: HELP, i crashed!

lol the plane is about 30 bucks buy a new kit

or use glue

hope this helps