Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: E-flite J-3 Cub 25 ARF

Lambertino,

Il n'y a aucun problème * démonter et remonter les ailes, il te faut un tournevis philips (électrique encore mieux) pour enlever les deux vis sur le dessus et celles qui retiennent les struts en dessous de l'avion.

En ce qui a trait * l'usure du bois, je te conseille de percer un trou et d'insérer une cheville de plastique pour pallier aux nombreux démontages que tu auras * faire. Tu peux lire mes commentaires (en anglais) dans ce forum.

Ces chevilles se trouvent dans n'importe quelle quincaillerie et tu pourras acheter les vis en conséquence.
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lthibault

Lambertino,

Il n'y a aucun problème * démonter et remonter les ailes, il te faut un tournevis philips (électrique encore mieux) pour enlever les deux vis sur le dessus et celles qui retiennent les struts en dessous de l'avion.

En ce qui a trait * l'usure du bois, je te conseille de percer un trou et d'insérer une cheville de plastique pour pallier aux nombreux démontages que tu auras * faire. Tu peux lire mes commentaires (en anglais) dans ce forum.

Ces chevilles se trouvent dans n'importe quelle quincaillerie et tu pourras acheter les vis en conséquence.

Luc, Showoff!!!!! se habla espanol?

Stang looks sweet, hope all goes well with the maiden.
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, sorry...my wife is learning Chinese though. That's something else!!!

I know we're way off the topic but... didn't you like the Pink Pather's ''Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau from la Sureté?''..some famous lines:

''I'm an officer of the lauuuuu (law)''

''I'd like a rummmm (room)''

''Speaking on the fuuun (phone)''
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Luc,

l* je dois dire que je suis assez bluffé par ta réponse rapide et en français en plus.

Est-ce que tu habiterais au Québec par hasard ?

Sinon est-ce que tu peux éclairer encore ma lanterne concernant la difficulté de pilotage
    du J-3, mon niveau est loin d'être parfait, le J-3 est mon 3ème avion après un trainer
    2 axes et un trainer 3 axes ? mais il est tellement gönialement beau que j'ai craqué.

Merci d'avance et *+

Lambertino (c'est mon pseudo mais sinon je m'apelle Stéphane)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Stephane,

I don't think the J-3 is so hard to take off. One just has to be careful in applying the power until the rudder bites. I hope Luc lives near you. I'm sure you can help him.

Regards,

CR
    Charley
    ccrobins@ktc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Salut Stéphane,

oui j'habite au Québec, dans la belle ville de Montréal...

Si tu lis ce thread au complet tu pourras découvrir mon opinion en anglais. J'ai plusieurs modèles réduits * propulsion électrique et thermique, de plusieurs tailles et modèles. À mon avis le J3 est le plus difficile * maîtriser au décollage. Une fois dans les airs et * l'atterrissage il se contrôle relativement bien mais sa courte taille favorise des têtes * queues et il faut se reprendre * plusieurs reprises avant de réussir. Il a aussi une très forte tendance * snapper vers la gauche si tu décolles trop vite. Surtout évite les ailerons et les mouvements brusques au décollage.

Personnellement je l'ai acheté * cause des flottes et je l'ai converti définitivement en hydravion. Les flottes obligent l'appareil * rester en ligne droit et prendre de la vitesse facilement, ce qui rend le décollage des plus aisés.

Tu pourras rapidement constater qu'il n'y a aucun vidéo promotionnel de ce modèle réduit qui montre un décollage sur roues...pas un hasard d'après moi...
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Moderated!

I wish you would let us play too. Stephane is one who knows lots. Come join in!
    Charley
    ccrobins@ktc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Charley, hello Luc,

Charley you're right with one: i should try to write in english. But i'm not one who knows lots, i practice RC-Flying only since 2 years and i'm happy with every tipp and trick i can collect in the forums, but I won't be to contribute alot.

So now let's go to the very very bad news for today: my local dealer here in Switzerland (which is a little country east from France) just told me today that the j-3 from e-flite is not available in Europe (only parts of the e-flite models are being imported in Europe) !!!

So I have to stop dreaming of this beautifull scale model !!!

My dealer advised me to buy an elektro kadett from Graupner to replace the j-3.

Do you know this model and do you think it's a good choice ?

Can you see an alternative for me (it have to be electro-powered, not weight more than 2 kilos and no 3d flying needed)

Thanx alot for your response

Stéphane

P.S I am currently building the P47 from E-Flite and will read the posts about it - i can't wait flying with it

P.S Luc, do you have a lot of snow for the moment in Montreal and how far can you fly in winter ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lambertino

Hello Charley, hello Luc,

So now let's go to the very very bad news for today: my local dealer here in Switzerland (which is a little country east from France) just told me today that the j-3 from e-flite is not available in Europe (only parts of the e-flite models are being imported in Europe) !!!

So I have to stop dreaming of this beautifull scale model !!!

Stéphane
    Hello Stephane,

I called Horizon Hobby, the E-Flite distributer here in the States. They said you should contact Helger Racing in the UK, who are a UK distributer for Horizon. Here's the web address contact page: http://www.helgerracing.com/gaboutus...gframeset.html
    Horizon said you don't want to be put off by the look of the Helger site. They really do sell airplanes too.

Merry Christmas,

CR
    Charley
    ccrobins@ktc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lambertino
    P.S Luc, do you have a lot of snow for the moment in Montreal and how far can you fly in winter ?
    Hi Stephane, Charley.

Funny that you ask: we've just received our first 5 cm of snow this week-end and the temperature is steadily below zero...It was time to remove those beach chairs from my TULE box and put back the family alpine and cross-country skis!!!

I have mixed feelings about winter flying...lots of local club members do it all winter long. They say it's great because the air is pure and much more stable.

I'm not convinced yet, probably because I'm a skier (ex-ski patroller) and I don't like to freeze my a.. in the cold without moving...

However I do put skis on my Mini-Funtana to fly at the local park when the weather allows it.

Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Luc, Charley and everybody,

Charley, thank you for your adress, i will try to contact them in th uk and see if they will
    send me the cub here in switzerland (as i neither have any more hollidays left nor have
    the money for a quick plane-jump in the uk over the week-end)

Here in switzerland we haven't had any snow by now and all the winter-sports fans
    (and I'm one of them) are going crazy waiting for it.

Ok I wish everybody having a merry Christmas and thanks a lot for your help

Stéphane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Greetings from Thornhill, Ontario, Canada. Where is Thornhill you ask, well, it's about 25 minutes' drive north of Toronto.

Today has seen the best of the past five weeks, about 7 Celcus, and best of all, sunny. Obviously, everybody took advatange of the good weather, and guess what, I found myself the only guy at the field, maidening my Cub. They might busy doing Christmas Shopping. btw, Happy Holidays.

Funny thing happened, built stock, and the CG is right on, TP 2100 3S and a Master Airscrew 10 x 7 e-wood on the recommended e-flight 25. Took off was a breeze, but then the Cub went vertical, seriously, it was pointing vertically upward every single time I throttled up, down trim down trim, and more down trim. It was a handful. Managed to throttle down and came back my way. Funny thing is it amost glided beautifully on idling but as soon as I powered up, even say 20%, vertical again.

The day was not ruined, I went home in one piece, and confused the hell out of the good wife, she did ask didn't you fly? The ironic part is I weent out with four newly charged packs, and used none.

Anyway, I think the down trust is stock, mounted the radial mount of the outrunner against the firewall according to the instruction manual, and that's it. This stumbs me, any suggestion?

Really appreciate your suggestions.

Thx,

Alex

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AlexL

Greetings from Thornhill, Ontario, Canada.
    I found myself the only guy at the field, maidening my Cub. They might busy doing Christmas Shopping. btw, Happy Holidays.

Funny thing happened, built stock, and the CG is right on, TP 2100 3S and a Master Airscrew 10 x 7 e-wood on the recommended e-flight 25. Took off was a breeze, but then the Cub went vertical, seriously, it was pointing vertically upward every single time I throttled up, down trim down trim, and more down trim. It was a handful. Managed to throttle down and came back my way. Funny thing is it amost glided beautifully on idling but as soon as I powered up, even say 20%, vertical again.

Thx,

Alex
    Sounds like she has UP thrust. Usually it's down and right. That's usually built in to the firewall. I suggest you call Horizon. They have a toll-free #. Keep us posted.

Merry Xmas!!

CR
    Charley
    ccrobins@ktc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Charley,

Will do on Monday.

Thx,

Alex

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Xrossbow,

There are no H/S close by. I deal mostly with Bryan Batch at B&B Hobbies in Spokane.

There are a couple of us who fly off the airport out by the lake. Actually, it is only about a mile from me and is convenient. I have put the Cub up for the winter. I did not get a chance to fly it before the weather turned really cold and now the lake is froze over. I am going to replace the E-Flite Esc with a Castle Creations CC 45 that has been water proofed.

Now I'm working on the new TF Beech Staggerwing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl30116.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	578810  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tall Texan

Xrossbow,

There are no H/S close by. I deal mostly with Bryan Batch at B&B Hobbies in Spokane.

There are a couple of us who fly off the airport out by the lake. Actually, it is only about a mile from me and is convenient. I have put the Cub up for the winter. I did not get a chance to fly it before the weather turned really cold and now the lake is froze over. I am going to replace the E-Flite Esc with a Castle Creations CC 45 that has been water proofed.

Now I'm working on the new TF Beech Staggerwing.

I like the way you have your cub stored, easy to put up and get down. I"ve got suspended ceiling so I'm going to drop some wire down threw some tile and store some that way.

Bryan is a great guy, very helpful and knowledgeable. Wish he had better parking. :-) Only go into the other "hobby shop" at the "Y" as a last resort. And the one out in the valley is more geared toward vehicles with 4 wheels.

I"ve pretty much put my cub away for the winter also, although I am tempted to make some snow floats for it. Probably be easier on the landings. My field is a little rough for it. Take-offs are no big deal, but enough bumps that it has a tendency to re-launch on landings when it hits one of them. At least while I'm learning the tendencies and speeds for it.

Did make some snow floats for a slowstick and it is a blast. Have a set almost ready for a MUS and it should be fun also. Unfortunately that wind and rain we all had the other night took most of the snow.

That Beech should be fun. Have you found any threads for it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Greg
    This looks like a very promising plane, but I only fly glow models. Do you think it would be possible to convert it to glow using an OS LA 15 for the power system? I really wanted this plane because it has the built in float mounts. Other cubs of similar size don't have that. Thanks Greg,
    Matt
    \"It\'s not over until the fat pilot screams dead stick!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Matt,

The plane is built solid so it should handle the vibrations of a glow engine without issue. You may need to beef up the firewall with some additional bracing on the inside.

I'm not an expert on glow engines but a .25-size is closer to what you should use if the Cub will be on floats.

Good luck!
    Visit my Web Hangar at www.gregcovey.com/rc.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes, I have a j-3-10 yhey say its new plane it has a two piece wing with i servo for the center of the wing. The wing is 47 ' the manual is only 5 pages and it doesn't tell me how the servo goes on the servo try the picture is not in detail the servo try come's with two blocks on each end the picture shows like it is using the servo tray only and not with the blocks the servo that they suggest is the MH-48 (JSP20040) can some help me to determing how I should do this

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Had a technical glitch today. Plane was badly damaged. Will need a new kit.
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will stop here as this issue is no longer related to this ARF.
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dang Luc, so sorry to hear about your Cub. And yes you are right about lipos, if they are cold it takes a while for them to warm up enough to start putting out full power.
    And then to have the dreaded so called 50 cent part bring down a multi dollar beauty. [:@]

It's been too nasty and down right cold here to fly anything, and I normally fly in the winter.
    So I guess I'll be doing all my crashing come spring.
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Luc,
    That Sucks about your Cub! I know how you feel! I just DUMB THUMBED my new Cessna on the roof of my neighbors 2 story home! I too was alittle nervous as it is a multi million dollar home and didn't want him/her to frown on me flying my foamies out front LOL! Popcorn anyone! LOL. Oh well...Been awhile for a stupid stunt for me.

Anyhoo. back to the Cub...I REALLY love mine. I put on floats and had such a good time I hated to leave the lake. The Cub does start flying alittle heavy with the floats but still awesome in performance compared to scale.The bird will hop out of the water within 35-45 feet everytime with floats. Thats not bad! We even maidened ours with floats off grass and it did well (took 100 feet or so tho) I live in Az and the coldest weather I fly in about 30-35 deg fer. I don't really have any issued other than the typical LIPO warmup issues tho. Hate to lose you as a Cub fan. I'm building a 1/3 scale 141" Cub ARF by World Models and a 1/4 Scale 100" SC by Hanger 9 right now. Both will be permanantly on floats...I THINK?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay74926.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	617253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx74261.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	617254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jo29973.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	617255  
    I\'d rather ask for forgiveness than ever ask for permission!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bzyguy01,

I had a second taught about it and it looks like I will be back in the Cub club very soon.

Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Excellent!
    Shayne
    I\'d rather ask for forgiveness than ever ask for permission!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast