Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: E-flite J-3 Cub 25 ARF

Would two of these packs in parallel be a suitable replacement for the THP42003S2PPL pack ? I suspect that the ratings are ok but would they fit into the model ?

[link]http://www.alshobbies.com/shop/lookupstock.php?pc=4888&Desc=2250&PHPSESSID=68475ca867eea3b7d00e39fe502d5cf8[/link]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am looking into getting the Cub to replace my Hobby Zone Super cub. Time for an upgrade!! I was wondering about the battery. It seems the only batery availible is the Thunder Power 4200 MAh. Is there a less pricey battery availible?? The best price I have seen is around $160.00 dollars per battery.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For those that have build the cub is there a better motor, ESC, or servos which I should get before I have to pay for replacement componets by E-flight? Please let me know , I am trying to build a nice flying cub with good componets and I don't want to have to rebuy better parts later on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

netdudeuk,
    Those batteries would physically fit but I would not use them as they are only 12c rated. I wouldn't use anything less than 20c rated batteries in parrallel. I use Tpower 25c's with burst ratings up to 50c.
    You would more than likely "Puff" those 12 c batteries and kill the model as it drops voltage in flight and sends it out of control to its death. I say this because it happened to me with 12c batteries in another model. That power 25 will pull some amps @ WOT and it flies so well you'll find yourself @WOT alot!
    I\'d rather ask for forgiveness than ever ask for permission!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The reccomended Eflite stuff works really well in this bird. My buddy and I are both using the eflite reccomended stuff. This bird has been excellent for nearly 9-10 months now.
    I\'d rather ask for forgiveness than ever ask for permission!

Hi everyone,

I'm toying with the idea of buying an E-Flite J-3, and was wondering if anyone's using it with a Spectrum system.

I'm interested in knowing which system you're using, which receiver and which servos.

Thank you.

Matthew

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well here is my reborn J3-Cub, ''Thibault Airline version'' and fit for snow!

I'm now very happy with the product.

However I look different from this pilot

Enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr49164.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	642792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tp46176.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	642793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gl19840.jpg 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	642794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pj18331.jpg 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	642795  
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Relating to my previous post no 149, I'd like to report a mistake in this setup. By using tight springs the landing gear wheels were closing in a little bit, causing less resistance and drag, thus making the plane taxi too quick, resulting in ground loops and difficult take-off on pavement.

Those extra difficult take-off have misleading me in believing that I could only use the cub with floats.

I recommend leaving the landing gear as is.
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all,

I have finished building my J-3 and have measured the CG and it seems perfect. Normally this would be fine but I notice that my balance must be far off Greg Covey's from the pics I could see in his build. Greg has his battery far forward, above the removable hatch but when I put mine there the CG was far too far forward. In fact, I even had to install my receiver battery far back in the body, almost to the tail.

Right now, my battery (Lipo-4200 MaH) is under the receiver/servos but the CG is perfectly 2 1/8 " back of the leading edge of the wing.

Does this seem right to you or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry, I meant 2 5/8" or 66mm behind the leading edge

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Luc, looking good, glad you made the decison to get back on the horse.

cherrypop, the Spektrum should be fine in the Cub, I use the 6 in some of my other birds, and despite the comments of reduced range on the 6, I've never had a problem.

hobiecatlob, Each bird will be different, things like the weight of servos, different running gear, etc. 1/3 the cord is the normal starting point. On mine I ran the bigger motor 32(?) instead of the stock suggested motor, and mine has tundra tires on it. With a 3S3700 20 C pack I have mine stufffed as far back in the battery tray as I could get it to get the CG correct.

Oh something to mention to those using wood props. Wood compresses. Check the tightness of the prop nut. Mine would loosen as the wood compressed and I'd get a prop that would spin on the hub after a couple of flights. Just a matter of adding it to your pre flight.
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm glad to report total success on the maiden of the Cub on skis.

Any negative feedback on this product would be misplaced. It is truly a joy to fly, very scale and relaxing. My take-off and landings were smooth and controlled, even with strong winds around 20-25 MPH.

Looking back at my previous experiences I believe that I was not releasing the elevator stick quick enough, creating a stall. Once the plane is up to speed it's important to release the elevator and go forward, since this wing is already curved.
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Feels good huh.
    Bummer you didn't get around to the skis until it's almost time for pontoons.

Congrats.
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Right. This model had a long history but a very happy ending . Horizon Hobby provided great support during the whole process.
    Luc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I guess I'm the newest member! I've only put on 3 flights and I can see this plane becoming a favorite. Nice easy going ways, decent loops, and even a respectable roll or two. I'm flying it totally stock.
    There is a fine line between Hobby and Obsession ... guess which side of the line I\'m on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am about an hour away from finishing the build on this plane. I bolted a Power 32 on it instead of the 25. Has anyone else done this. The Power 32 motor says it can run 3 cell Li-po's or 4 cell Li-po setups. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the 32 in mine, running a 3S3700-20C pack. 10x6 wooden prop. Flies beautifully.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is the difference in peformance between the 32 an 25 motors. What would be the flight time with the 3cell 4200mah battery. I beleive you can get 20 minutes with the Eflite 25 motor.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need to know what amp speed control will work the the Eflite Power 32 motor. Also , Is it better to go with a 4s or 3s battery with this set up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the 25 on 3s, a flying club member has the 32 on 4s on the ultrasticks. I would use the 4s as it seems to be a good setup.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So you would go with the Power 32 motor with the 4s 4200 Mah battery? What kind of flight time would I get. Also, What a good ESC for the 32 Motor?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I run a CC45 in mine with the 32. Sorry I've never flown mine to LVC so I can't answer that one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I run a CC Pheonix 60 on my 25.

I went with the 25 since I had some 3s packs I use to make a 6s set up on another plane. If that is not a consideration for you, ie you will be buying packs either way, then after seeing the performance difference on the Ultrasticks I would go with the 32 on 4s.

Of course, there are plenty of Cubs on the 25 out there...such as mine on the bench (same motor same packs)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I run a saito 30 on mine. It took a little modification to the fuse though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92972.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	669778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt56929.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	669779  
    Keith Marks
    AMA 49064

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just made the purchase of the Cub with Floats. Total Excitied to get this cub flying. I had a question with the Power 32 motor and mounting it to the fire wall of the cub. What mods need to be done to the mounting bracket to get it to mount. If anyone has any pictures I would like to see them. Also, Which battery will work best with the 32 motor. I know a 4S will work great but what about the Mah level. 4200Mah at 20C a good start? Will the 4S battery fit in the battery bay? Please let me know I need to get a battery of two, I just want to make sure I order the best one for the Cub

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast