Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 10:34 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Our LHS doesn't open until noon...and I didn't have the $ w/ me yesterday...

Looks like I gotta go back today!
Old 10-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Fliprob17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know if you get it. I was reading through the instruction manual that I downloaded, ya know, trying to get geared up for the arrival of the plane and all , and it looks fairly straight forward and well thought out. The only things I see that may need mods. or a little extra time are the following:

Wheels - for grass landings the wheel pants may create an issue depending on the clearance. I have already purchased and painted up some 2-1/4" wheels, which are 1/4" larger in dia. than the originals. So taking off the wheel pants, and the larger wheels should really help with the thicker grass landings and dirt. They are foam so really no weight difference between the 2" and 2-1/4".

Motor - they are recommending the Park 450, I am like a lot of us I am sure, and went BIGGER, BETTER MORE POWER so I got the Park 480 1020kv Outrunner. Looks like it will mount exactly the same with no issues. It just weighs a little more, so things may need to be repositioned slightly (ESC, receiver, etc..) to keep the center of gravity true.

Cowl - This is really the only area in the manual that looks like it needs a little more attention when building. As long as you put everything on the motor (prop, spinner, adapter, etc.) you should avoid any problems here. Taking your time and having all of the gear installed while you are aligning the cowl to the fuse to drill the holes, seems to be the most important area to focus your attention on. But with a little patience it should be fine. Just make sure you leave that 1/8" gap so the spinner does not rub

Prop - They recommend a 10x8, but that is for the Park 450. With the Park 480 I am going with an 11x7E. I have a couple of 12x6E's as well.

TailWheel - It is a 3/4" dia. wheel which may or may not work for those grass landings. I am looking at getting something around a 1" dia. to allow free rolling and easier landings in the thicker grass and dirt.

Main Wing and Tail Wing - Looks straight forward here, I like the ease of the bolt on wings, easy to transport to and from the field.

Servo Installations - Make sure you get the required extensions, (2) 12" and (1) 6" and (1) 6" Y harness - would be a bummer to have to run out to the LHS while all excited and building Otherwise, again looks fairly straight forward here. Just watch the aileron servo and don't drill through the top of the wing when drilling the mounting holes. Ya know how guys get with power tools

Canopy - As long as you sand down the fuse and the canopy so the glue adheres better, everything here looks straight forward as well.

Without having the actual plane yet, the manual looks pretty good. The step by step seems well thought out.

Does anyone have anything else to look for or lookout for? Has anyone started the build yet?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:07 PM
proptop

From the sound of things, I don't think you are going to have any problems. I like to spend the 1st evening with a new plane just reading thru the manual, and getting all the hardware sorted, etc. I put the different pieces for each assembly in different yogurt cups, or butter tubs.

I will probably leave the wheel pants off, as I too fly off grass.

I'd say don't worry about the tailwheel...my mini Funtana doesn't even have one, and ground handling is not difficult.

I will be using an AXi 2808/24 which (I think ) is a lot like the 480...and I will have to do a little re-arranging to make things work ahead of the firewall...no biggie.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Doc Austin

I flew my Mini Pulse today and it's a teriffic little plane. I started a build theread here but it sank off the page, so I finsined it up here where there's a little more traffic:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0&page=2&pp=15

But, here the crux of it:

just got back and the Mini Pulse is an extremely nice airplane. Amazingly, it took no trim...........I mean zero trim. I follwed E flite's set up exactly, and it was absolutely dead on. High rate ailerons gave me three rolls in five seconds, which is perfect. The elevator was just right. One place I did deviate from the recommended set up was that I crammed as much rudder in it as I could, and that was just right too.

I flew out the 1320 pack, which with the 450 was about 20 minutes. I changed the battery, scratched my head thinking about what I wanted to change on the set up and couldn't think of anything.

It's really quite amazing. I took it out of the box, did what the directions said to do and the thing came out perfect. All I had to do was work the two sticks. I never touched a trim or flipped the dual rates.

Amazing.

The plane loops, rolls, snap rolls and spins just fine, but it's extremely stable. The dihedral keeps the thing level and tracking well, so it's hard to get into trouble with it. I tried a few slow rolls, and they were ok, but with all that dihedral you're going to have a compromise or two. Knife edge and slow rolls are do-able but a little sloppy. Axial rolls weren't perfect either, but the plane's sublime stability makes up for that.

The 450 is a nice little motor that runs forever on a small battery, and in this plane it provides just enough punch, but the operative word here is just. She will go vertical for a bit, but not out of sight. I'de say for the guy who is coming from a basic trainer, the power is just right. It's enough to have a little fun with but not enough to be scarey.

Landings were no problem and she slowed right don't. She doesn't have a single bad habit.

But, it's not the plane for me, which isn't necessarilly a bad thing. I think for the guy who wants a really good looking second-ever plane that he won't get into trouble with, this plane is absolutely perfect, but if you want to get wild the Mini Ultra Stick is much better. Too bad the Mini Ultra isn't this pretty.

I'm going to trade the plane to a freind of mine who I soloed last Saturday because it will be just right for him and he'll love the thing. In fact, when he saw it last night he tried to buy it from me before I could get it out of the box. I think he's going to be really pleased that all he has to do is just go fly it. I had fun building it, because it goes together so nicely, and I always enjoy sharing my experiences.......and I'm going to get my money out of it too, so I'm a happy guy as well.

But still, I'de have to give the plane five smileys because it does what it's intended to do even better than could be expected from it. Aside from the prop apdapter/spinner snafu, I've got no reservation in saying that anyone who has put together a trainer arf and soloed could whack this thing out in an evening with no help and then go have a blast flying it.

Very nice airplane and another E flite project that is very well done.

Doc's rating

Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 AM
-Inverted-

I flew out the 1320 pack, which with the 450 was about 20 minutes. I changed the battery, scratched my head thinking about what I wanted to change on the set up and couldn't think of anything.
Hmm, so with a 2100 pack the flight time should be fantastic.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Fliprob17

That is good news that it all went together without a hitch. I can't believe you don't want to hold on to it though

I am thinking with the 480 motor and an 11x7 prop, with the 2100mah battery, this plane should kick *****. I am working on some comparison calcs. between the recommended 450 motor and the powerhouse 480 motor that I will post tomorrow. Big difference in power and aerobatic possibilities just based on numbers. With a 20 minute flight time on that battery with the 450 motor, we should get at least 15-20 minutes on the 2100 with the 480 motor I would think.

I got mine delivered UPS today, packaging held up ok, no damage [8D]

Here are some pics of the packaging.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26076.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	539615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90312.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	539616  
Old 10-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Fliprob17

And here are some pics of the plane unpackaged. Really a great looking plane, the "pre-pictures" did not do it justice. The underside of the main wing was a surprise as well, looks sharp.

Name:	Ay74070.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	539617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56484.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	539618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34431.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	539619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs51288.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	539620  
Old 10-12-2006, 04:03 AM
proptop

Ain't that something...the control horns are already installed too... I like that.

These things are getting more and more "pre-fab" all the time...(love it![8D])

I'll be flyin' mine Friday...

Doc...it sounds like it flys a lot like the bigger one...that's good too
Every time I fly it, people remark about how smooth and "groovy" it seems to be...and I say "yep...it is"

Gonna be cool to see 'em parked next to each other.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Doc Austin

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Hmm, so with a 2100 pack the flight time should be fantastic.

I would guess 30 minutes would be possible.

Also, I had to jam the battery as far forward as I could get it to get the balance right. I test fitted a 2100 pack with it sitting in the middle of the battery compartment the plane balanced fine. I'm sure the plane was designed to use the 2100 pack, but I was going for lightness and went with the 1320.

Either battery works, so I guess it's just a matter of how long you like to fly. If you fly in a big club it's probably not good to tie up the frequency for 30 minutes, so you may as well put the small pack in and keep the plane light. If you have your own private field, I'de put the 2100 in it.

ORIGINAL: fliprob17

That is good news that it all went together without a hitch. I can't believe you don't want to hold on to it though
Remember that I gave the plane a rating. Five smiles is the max possible.

It's a beautiful little airplane and there's not a single thing in the world wrong with it except it isn't bad. It will do all the aerobatics and I suppose if you put a 480 in it the plane would be a rocket, but it's just a little bit too stable for me.

With a 20 minute flight time on that battery with the 450 motor, we should get at least 15-20 minutes on the 2100 with the 480 motor I would think.
I get 15 minutes out of my Mini Ultras with the 480/2100 combo, and the Pulse is sleeker with less drag. I've got no trouble believing the Pulse could match those times if not do a little better.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Fliprob17

That is true You did give it 5 smileys

I prefer the stability at this point in my flying career Not quite the AeroAce yet. Anxious to get the plane put together. I will probably start on it today.

Also, I think larger wheels may fit in the wheel pants, they look huge. I will try my 2-1/4" and take some pics if they work.

In my spare time waiting for this little beauty I of course had to spruce some things up a little bit [8D]

Name:	Vt57889.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	539821  
Old 10-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Fliprob17

Ok here is what I conjured up on the motor comparison, using 27oz flying weight which equates to 1.69lbs, and the factory amp ratings at a continuous and burst rating:

Park 450 890 kv
Max. Voltage Supplied (4.2v per cell) = 12.6v x 14amp Continuous = 176watts / 1.69lbs = 104watts per pound
Max. Voltage Supplied (4.2v per cell) = 12.6v x 18amp Burst = 227watts / 1.69lbs = 134watts per pound

Mid. Voltage Supplied = 11.25v x 14amp Continuous = 158watts / 1.69lbs = 93watts per pound
Mid. Voltage Supplied = 11.25v x 18amp Burst = 202watts / 1.69lbs = 120watts per pound

Min. Voltage Supplied (3.3v per cell) = 9.9v x 14amp Continuous = 139watts / 1.69lbs = 82watts per pound
Min. Voltage Supplied (3.3v per cell) = 9.9v x 18amp Burst = 178watts / 1.69lbs = 105watts per pound

Park 480 1020 kv
Max. Voltage Supplied (4.2v per cell) = 12.6v x 22amp Continuous = 277watts / 1.69lbs = 164watts per pound
Max. Voltage Supplied (4.2v per cell) = 12.6v x 28amp Burst = 352watts / 1.69lbs = 208watts per pound

Mid. Voltage Supplied = 11.25v x 22amp Continuous = 248watts / 1.69lbs = 147watts per pound
Mid. Voltage Supplied = 11.25v x 28amp Burst = 315watts / 1.69lbs = 186watts per pound

Min. Voltage Supplied (3.3v per cell) = 9.9v x 22amp Continuous = 218watts / 1.69lbs = 129watts per pound
Min. Voltage Supplied (3.3v per cell) = 9.9v x 28amp Burst = 277watts / 1.69lbs = 164watts per pound

As E-Flite specs. you need 150-200watts per pound for unlimited 3D and performance. At any time the Park 480 will deliver it. Most of the time without even hitting full throttle. The Park 450 hovers around the light 3D to sport range, but towards the mid and end of a flight it seems to mathematically lack performance. Any way, just a bunch of math mumbo jumbo
Old 10-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Doc Austin

Oooops. Sorry I missed your post, but I'de like to add a few things.

Wheels - for grass landings the wheel pants may create an issue depending on the clearance. I have already purchased and painted up some 2-1/4" wheels, which are 1/4" larger in dia. than the originals. So taking off the wheel pants, and the larger wheels should really help with the thicker grass landings and dirt.
I used Dave Brown 2 " wheels and they fit inside the wheel pants, but only just, and I had to relieve some of the lip around the opening.

Motor - they are recommending the Park 450, I am like a lot of us I am sure, and went BIGGER, BETTER MORE POWER so I got the Park 480 1020kv Outrunner. Looks like it will mount exactly the same with no issues.
Maybe, maybe not. If you check from earlier in this thread, you'll see where I note the top two bolts that hold the mount onto the firewall may not clear the motor. At this point, the motor is bigger around than the mount. Yes, the 480 will bolt directly to the 450 X mount, but then you will have trouble getting the bolts that hold the mount on past the motor.

I had planned on using a 480, and my solution was to put those bolts through the mount before mounting the motor, and then tightening them with a ball driver. I don't think you'de be able to get to them with a straight Allen.

Another plan was to put the mount on first, and then to screw the motor onto the mount from behind, but that would have really been less than easy.

No doubt the Pulse would be a rocket with a 480, but it might spoile her docile nature.

It just weighs a little more, so things may need to be repositioned slightly (ESC, receiver, etc..) to keep the center of gravity true.
I'm pretty sure you've got room to slide the battery back enough to balance the plane. On a mini Ultra, which was designed for the 450 and 1320 pack, I slide the battery pack all the way back, and with the 480/2100 pack it balances absolutely spot on. However, I like my planes a tad tail heavy, so I screw a 1/8 ounce piece of lead to the tail skid and that puts it where I want it. I suspect the Pulse would be about the same.

Cowl - This is really the only area in the manual that looks like it needs a little more attention when building. As long as you put everything on the motor (prop, spinner, adapter, etc.) you should avoid any problems here.
Make sure you get the spinner tightened down and that it fits right before you drill the cowling. I had nothing but trouble with my spinner and I gave up on it. With the APC prop, the spinner had to be spaced forward, and on mine that warped the spinner enough that the cone wouldn't snap down properly. Or better still, do it right to begin with and go get a Dubro or something.

Here's what I wrote about the spinner/prop adapter on another forum:

Doc's long, boring rant....

There's really no nice way to say it. The spinner doesn't work on this plane. To be fair, the spinner is designed to work with E Flite's lineup of props, and not the APC prop I'm using. It's made to fit a smaller diameter gearbox output shaft, and it works fine for that because I've used them on my Edge 540s before with no problem. But, to fit the 450 with it's larger prop adapter, you have to drill it out. It's impossible to get it true without a drill press, which fortunately we have. However, when I tighten the prop down, the spinner backplate warps, and the spinner nose cone won't go on properly. Yes, we used the spacers and the spinner is put on properly. It just does work. Wait until that flies off and pokes you in the eye.

And, with the the spinner on, you've only got about two or three threads left on the adapter, so there won't be much holding that prop nut on.

I took the spinner off my Brio, but now the 450s standard prop adapter wouldn't seat down on the crankshaft, and when I tried to tighten the prop nut the motor would just spin. On a Mini Ultra you just grab the motor, but the cooling holes on the Pulse's cowling are so small you can't even get your pinkie in there. Running out of time, I used an aftermarket E Flite bolt on prop adapter (which fortunately fits the 480 as well, and I had a spare). Maddeningly, though, is that this adapter sits further forward and now there's a huge gap between the cowling and spinner. The cowling is already mounted about as far forward as I can get it, so this isn't going to work either.

Finally, I just said the heck with it and I'm going to fly it without a spinner for now. It doesn't look too bad and at least this will allow a bit more air into the cowling.

I've had a few problems with the standard Colet-type prop adapters that come with E Flite motors. They are a constant source of annoyance, and I've replaced them on every one of my 480 motors. Once I had one fly off while running a motor up in the pits, so I don't know what I was thinking by trying to use one again.

OK, maybe I've just got some sort of dyslexia with these spinners and adapters, but this is a plane aimed at the average guy, and if I can't make the spinner work after flying model airplanes for 50 years, I think they might want to refine this system a little.

Wow, now that I've burned E Flite really good, let me say I'm also probably their biggest fan. I absolutely love their Ultra Stick lineup and their power systems are the most trouble free things I've owned in all my years in the sport. Once in awhile they get something wrong though, but I'm more than willing to forgive them because they otherwise make such wonderful stuff and they stand behind it.

End long boring rant....

Taking your time and having all of the gear installed while you are aligning the cowl to the fuse to drill the holes, seems to be the most important area to focus your attention on.
Again, make sure the spinner is on properly with the cap on before you drill the cowling. I had mine all lined up and pretty, and finished, but then I found out the cap would go on because the backplate had warped so badly.

Prop - They recommend a 10x8, but that is for the Park 450. With the Park 480 I am going with an 11x7E. I have a couple of 12x6E's as well.
12/6 and 11/7 is what I use on my 480s, but be careful of the heat. The Minis do fine because the motor is out there in the breeze, but with the 450 cowled up and blowing hot air over the battery, you might get the batteries a little hot. Since things are cooling off now it might not be a problem, but toward the middle of August even the batteries in my Min Ultra were coming out of the plane hotter than I felt good about.

Servo Installations - Make sure you get the required extensions, (2) 12" and (1) 6" and (1) 6" Y harness - would be a bummer to have to run out to the LHS while all excited and building
Depends on where you mount your receiver. I used the 12' extensions and they were too long. I mounted the receiver at the back of the radio compartment, and I had to turn it around to take up the slack, and then I had to tape the excess to the fuse wall to keep it from falling out of the cooling vent. I suggest you put the servos and receiver in, and then see what you need. I could have gotten away with 6' extensions.

Canopy - ]As long as you sand down the fuse and the canopy so the glue adheres better, everything here looks straight forward as well.
Too much work. I simply screwed the canopy on using Dubro self tapping allen head screws. looks cool too. Too about five minutes and I can take it off if I want to put a pilot in or tint the canopy some more.

Without having the actual plane yet, the manual looks pretty good. The step by step seems well thought out.
The manual is outstanding, and spinner.adapter snafu aside, if you follow the directions to the letter you'll have a perfect little plane. I've probably build 25 ARFs this year (mine and some for friends) and none of them (Even the Mini Ultras) have come out of the box, fell together with no effort, and were absolutely perfect, but this plane was.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Fliprob17

Thanks for all the insight, that is a bunch of great info. I like the idea behind the cockpit mount and having the option to take it off later.

I could not get the 2-1/4" wheels to work with or without the wheel pants. The hole in the hub of the wheels for the bolt to attach to the gear is too large and the wheel wobbles entirely too much. Also, trying to get a larger bolt will not work because it won't fit in the gear. So I will work on this mod. and try it later. I am either going to get bearings and a sleeve for the larger hole in the hub of the wheels or drill out the gear to accept the larger bolt required and trim the wheel pants to accept the larger wheel. They nearly fit into the pants, so just a little trimming.

You hit the 480 motor mount issue right on the head. I tried both ways, mounting the plate to the motor then the bolts, and putting the bolts on first then the plate. Neither worked. So I put the small silver washers the motor came with between the motor and the mounting plate that came with the plane, to get just barely enough gap for the head of the bolt to clear the back of the motor. It worked, but I lost a little bit of screw holding power into the motor, probably not enough to wiggle loose or anything, but to be safe I used a little bit of light duty Locktite on the screws that mount the mounting plate to the motor. There are some pics below. It was still tricky getting the allen wrench in there, scratched the motor a little, but all in all it should be fine. Also, the supplied motor mount that came with the plane does not fit the 480 the way the manual wants you put it on. The wires can not wind up going down, the holes do not line up. So the wires have to go to the right or left.

I am working on the rest today, and will post some pics as I go.

Name:	Ca82244.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	540456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35178.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	540457  
Old 10-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Fliprob17

I have it pretty much done now. Just working on placing the ESC and receiver. I did run into a couple of things and thought I would share. The tailwheel does not come with the 1/16" collar that is required to attach it to the rudder assembly. The parts list for the cowl installation list (4) 2mmx8mm wood screws, but in the actual instruction it says use 2mmx8mm sheet metal screws. You use the wood screws obviously. The little sheet metal screws are actually for the servo control rods. Otherwise, the whole things was not too bad. The cowl is the toughest part. Really take your time I nearly missed the tabs on the fuse with the drill, luckily i just barely went into the fuse, so I could redo it. I will get some pics up later.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:18 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

My Mini-Pulse arrived today. This is a nice ARF. It compares well with the Mini Ultra Stik and the Ultra Stik 25E. I have the book out for some reading during the baseball game.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Fliprob17

Here she is all done [8D] What a great looking plane. Now the trick is to keep it her that way

Name:	Tr49895.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	540716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48488.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	540717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41387.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	540718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23317.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	540719  
Old 10-13-2006, 09:30 PM
proptop

Nice pics [8D]

It is a nice looking little airplane, isn't it?!

Too windy for my test flights today...maybe tomorrow...
Old 10-14-2006, 09:27 AM
kimod

Nice Job on the plane....my partner bought one with the 450. I am curious how she scoots with the 480...image it will be a screamer. I originally tried to talk him to the 480, as did the owner of the LHS...but to no avail. He was worried about torquing left when the throttle is pinned. He has a Futaba 9cap...I told him he could (program) start mixing in 10% to 20% rudder at 75% to 100% throttle if it is a problem! I personally like to have more power than not! Can't wait to hear your comments after the maiden!!! Good Luck!!

K.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:27 AM
proptop

Got my first flight this morning, before it got real windy...

It flys a lot like the big one...nice and "groovy"...but I think I'm a little nose heavy...

Anyway...mine has about 250W. with the AXi 2808/24 and no torque roll problems...so...go for the 480 if ya want w/o worrying.
(the AXi is very close to the same power as the 480 )

The one major flaw in the Mini Funtana's flight characteristics was it was / is "twitchy" in pitch at higher speeds...
The Pulse is nothing like that, and that's great

Nice little "sport" plane for all around general havin' fun type flyin' IMO.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-14-2006, 11:18 AM
RodgerC130

I just purchased mine yesterday from the LHS. I just got my first flight on my MUS. Was awesome. Looks like this one will be at least as good. Hopefully will get my built in the next few days. Looking forward to some videos of this thing.
Rodger
Old 10-14-2006, 11:33 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

I've been flying an MUS for quite some time. Currently considering purchasing the Mini Pulse XT but was wondering whether or not it would be too much like the MUS. So, I would be interested in your comparison once you get the Pulse XT flying.

ORIGINAL: RodgerC130

I just purchased mine yesterday from the LHS. I just got my first flight on my MUS. Was awesome. Looks like this one will be at least as good. Hopefully will get my built in the next few days. Looking forward to some videos of this thing.
Rodger
Old 10-14-2006, 11:39 AM
RodgerC130

JMIR, will let you know as soon as I can, may be a while though as I'm busy in flight training for the C-5A in the Air Force Reserves.
Rodger
Old 10-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Doc Austin

Well, I don't believe I gave the Pulse a fair chance, so I got another one! I've been working on it a bit and after about 4 hours I've got her ready to go flying tomorrow. Last time it took 6 hours because I had to think a few things out, but this time it went smoother.

I like the Pulse alot. I just thought it wasn't a very aggressive airplane. What I need to do this time is slow myself down and not fly the plane on the edge the whole flight. I think if I can just relax a bit this plane will be perfect.

ORIGINAL: jmir

I've been flying an MUS for quite some time. Currently considering purchasing the Mini Pulse XT but was wondering whether or not it would be too much like the MUS.
They aren't even remotely the same. The Ultra is a very aggressive airplane, especially with the 480. The Pulse grooves and flies very smooth. The Ultra turns and snap rolls hard. They are similar in that they slow down really nice and don't have evil tip stall characteristics, but they are completely different.

I liked my Pulse enough that I bought a second one.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:13 PM
proptop

I like the fact that I can relax with it...
I think it will be a nice airplane to take out when you're feeling like you just want to go out and have a cruise, so to speak...a good "after work" airplane

It will do nice, sweeping, open manuvers, like a "sport-pattern" type...

I have mine set up with as much throw as possable, and it will snap roll quite quickly, but not un-intentionally like the M-F would...I never really felt relaxed flying that one...especially landing it.

Gonna wring 'er out real good next outing...
Old 10-14-2006, 07:18 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Dog Austin,

This is the other E-flite I'm considering instead of the Pulse

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2425

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.