Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Fliprob17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

I am using 1" 4-40 nylon bolts. I had to cut them back about 1/8" because I built a little shelf for the ESC to sit on right above the bolt locations.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:07 PM
trainman92

Hey Guys!

I am going to buy a Mini Pulse XT, and I want to put floats on it and I was wondering if any of you which floats i should use
PSKinda short on mony[])
Old 03-20-2007, 11:54 PM
karl k

After some more practicing with my foamy that I put the 480 from my MP in, I think I am ready to try this plane out again.

I had some terribly terrifying flights with it for the first few outings. This finally resulted in me performing a perfect landing 5 feet below terra firma.

I had broke off most everything in front of the landing gear.

Now, I've got it all back together and I think it's time to get it back into the air.

I hope it goes okay....

Karl
Old 03-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Doc Austin

Something we haven't talked much about is that E Flite offers replacement parts for all it's wood ARFs.

As is with the case with the Mini Ultra strick, it seems the fuselage is what generally takes the beating. Oddly, I can't find a listing for a Mini Pulse replacement fuselage, but I can't believe they don't offer one.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Re...ProdID=EFL2375

A Mini Ultra stick fuselage is $39.95 at my LHS. I would imagine a Mini Pulse fuselage would be $45-$50.

However, I've seen a few damaged in shipping, and they all went right back to E Flite. It seems that like with the Ultra, it's the fuselage that gets pranged in shipping, so maybe E Flite is just out of them because they have had to replace so many of them. For awhile there, UPS was tearing up a lot of stuff...... a lot. I ordered an Ultra stik 25 fuselage and for three consecutitive weeks it came into my LHS damaged. I didn't think I was ever going to get one, but finally one came in that was good. If UPS was tearing up that many mini Pulse fuselages it's no wonder E Flite doesn't offer a replacement yet, but I'm sure they will soon.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:35 AM
karl k

I'm not in need of a fuselage at this point in time. I was able to do a nice, neat repair as the crash didn't even tear the covering.

I was wondering if anyone had tried to slow the plane down a bit with a 10x4.7 APC slo fly prop yet.

The unexpected high speed is what caught me off guard when I went to fly last time.

BTW, has anyone clocked the speed of their MP? Just curious, because with a 480 and a 10x7 slo fly, it books along pretty quickly.

Thanks for all the info in this thread so far and the resonses to my posts.

Karl
Old 03-21-2007, 08:41 AM
karl k

ORIGINAL: Doc Austin

Something we haven't talked much about is that E Flite offers replacement parts for all it's wood ARFs.

As is with the case with the Mini Ultra strick, it seems the fuselage is what generally takes the beating. Oddly, I can't find a listing for a Mini Pulse replacement fuselage, but I can't believe they don't offer one.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Re...ProdID=EFL2375
The fuselage is listed for $39.94 on the next page after you click "see all" next to the "parts listing" header. There isn't a picture of it, but it is listed.

Very good to know for the future.

Karl

Old 03-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Capt. John

Doc Austin and KarlK.....Yes, I can confirm E-Flite sells the fus. My LHS ordered one for me, along with a canopy and cowling, when I crashed my MP a few months ago. It came in clean and sweet and I rebuilt her good as new. I don't remember the price of the fus alone, but all three parts came to $59. The $40 sounds right.

KarlK.....I am currently flying an APC 10x4.7 Slow fly, as recommended by my LHS, and it definately allows me to slow the plane down and stay in total control at very slow speeds. It will also fly plenty fast. I have my low rates also set as the manual recommends and it's pretty docile. I DID flip it to high rates for a few maneuvers, at high altitude, during my last flight, and it caused a little heart pounding. She definately turns into a different animal. I'm going to practice on the simulator on high rates a lot more and get that "touch" a bit more refined. Unfortunately, I've crashed more often than I like and have grown quite cautious.

Good flying!!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 PM
smbohn

Karl, forgive me if this is too basic for you, but since this actually still happens to me (it even happened when I maidened my MPXT) I thought I'd mention it.

When you maiden a new plane, the control surfaces are most likely off and the plane will need trim adjustments to make it fly straight and level. So, on my maiden, I push the throttle to full, take off, and I am so focused on keeping the attitude and bank steady that I forget something basic: Throttle back once I'm safely off the ground. Once I do this, the out-of-trim surfaces have less of an effect on the plane and I have more time to take care of business.

You can run a 10x8, but if you throttle back to 30-50%, the MPXT will slow down nicely.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:37 PM
zoott

I'm still messing with CG .
Where did you set it to 70mm with plane upside down? I hate to beat a dead horse but i really want a neutral cg as possible.
Thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 04:46 PM
smbohn

zoott, as you say, your balance point should be 70 mm (2 3/4 inches) back from the leading edge of the wing. That puts you about a half inch aft of the wing spar. I think you could even use the wing spar and be OK.

I run 2100 mah batteries and, with a 450, I place them about half way back in the battery bay. (With a 480 I would think you'd have to put them behind the wing! )

I sent it up intentionally nose heavy my first few flights. I think it makes the plane more stable and the elevator has more than enough authority to overcome it with a few clicks of up trim.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
zoott

Thanks for quick reply
I assume you set it upside down as well?
Thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Fliprob17

It really does not wind up being a huge deal with this plane if the CG is perfect or not. I have the 480 and the Xtreme 2070 pack in mine, both way heavier than the 450 and the 2100 Pro-Lite. I have the Xtreme slammed way back in the battery bay, and I am still nose heavy, but you wouldn't guess it when the plane is flying, you really can't tell.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:17 PM
karl k

ORIGINAL: smbohn

Karl, forgive me if this is too basic for you, but since this actually still happens to me (it even happened when I maidened my MPXT) I thought I'd mention it.

When you maiden a new plane, the control surfaces are most likely off and the plane will need trim adjustments to make it fly straight and level. So, on my maiden, I push the throttle to full, take off, and I am so focused on keeping the attitude and bank steady that I forget something basic: Throttle back once I'm safely off the ground. Once I do this, the out-of-trim surfaces have less of an effect on the plane and I have more time to take care of business.

You can run a 10x8, but if you throttle back to 30-50%, the MPXT will slow down nicely.
You hit the nail on the head. When I flew it first, I had the throttle pinned after take-off and was too focused on keeping the plane upright that I forgot to back it off.

I like flying my E-Starter with the 480 and the 10x4.7, so I should be fairly comfortable with that setup.

Thanks again for the help

Karl
Old 03-23-2007, 03:00 PM
FlyBoy Ace

Does the mini pulse xt fly well inverted?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Fliprob17

It flies great inverted. At least I think it does. The wing span is so fat it really handles just about anything well.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Solid Hit

I've been following this thread for a while and after I built the other two planes that were ahead of the Pulse, I went out two weeks ago and bought one. I actually had to buy two. I had the first one in the air for all of about 45 seconds when the servo control arm on the elevator popped off (forgot to screw it in) I was only about 50' up, full throttle and in she went.

My second one now has about 1/2 dozen perfect flights and I'm glad I put up my MUS for this one! I'm flying it with a 480 clone, a 25amp esc, and a 9x6 APC SF. I had a larger prop on it but it was heating up my system. Takeoff roll is ~5' and loves to be inverted. Rolls take a little work though.

Nice plane!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:32 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

well I finally maidened my pulse this morning in spite of the wind.actually doc flew it and trimmed it out first all of a couple of minutes and gave me the tx.what a blast to fly..I have no regret using the 480 motor.In fact with a fairly strong wind the extra power makes it easier to fly.I am using the extreme 3s 2070 lipo's.balance is fine ..it seemed a tad tail heavy but when I put on the wheel pants it was fine.man can this plane roll ..I am already thinking maybe my next plane will be a stick.I fly the H9 ultra stick with a satio so was thinking maybe the 25E with the 32 motor.probably on a windy day like today it would be the model of choice.thanks to doc!!! good dude..yup I fly glow ,gas ,and nowwwwwww ..electrics...what other planes can you guys suggest that might be as much fun?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:48 PM
mikec456
My Feedback: (1)

Ok here's a sad story; Two weekends ago I was flying my .40 glow trainer when all of a suddened I lost radio signal and that was the end of my plane-yup straight down-thump. Don't know really what happened but I suspect the rx battery wasn't fully charged, so know I have VOltWatchs on every plane I own! Oh well live and learn.........I have a Mini Pulse PNP on order from Horizon but it won't be in for a while-back ordered. Really looking forward to trying it out. Well for now I'll be flying my modified Easy Glider, Raptor heli and my Sig LT40. I already picked up a couple of 10 X 4.7 props to start out with.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:10 AM
S.C.C.

ORIGINAL: Capt. John
I'm going to practice on the simulator on high rates a lot more and get that "touch" a bit more refined.

Good flying!!
Hi Capt John.
I have recently bought the MP. It will be a few weeks before i get round to flying her. I was wondering what sim you are using??

Cheers

Paul
Old 03-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Capt. John

Grandus, I've been flying Real Flight for the last couple years, have upgraded to version 3.5. Unfortunately, the mini Pulse isn't in there, yet. But I have found an electric Cap 232 that seems pretty close, on low rates, although the high rates don't have that much difference.

To get more practice on a highly responsive plane, I fly the Extra 300 on high rates. I had an Easy Sport until a few months ago and I still fly it on the sim for the practice. It's responsive, like the Pulse.

Of course, set your low rates as recommended in the manual and fly awhile there until you feel confident enough for high rates. You could even increase your low rates after a few flights to give you a "Medium" rate (or lower the high rates, so you can flip from one to the other while in the air). High rates as recommended in the manual are a big difference and could catch you by surprise if you're not ready.

And don't forget to unplug the battery as soon as you walk up to your plane after a flight.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:02 AM
S.C.C.

Thanks.

I was hoping you were using XTR Reflex
Old 03-27-2007, 09:17 AM
karl k

Has anyone using the Park 480 1020kv motor with the APC 10x7 SF prop had a problem with the props failing after a little while because of the speed it is spinning at?

Thanks

Karl
Old 03-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Fliprob17

No, not at all. What do you mean by failing? Like falling apart or warping?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:14 PM
karl k

I can see the plastic starting to crystallize at the root of one of the blades.

Karl
Old 03-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Fliprob17

Huh [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] never had that happen. Is it real cold where you are? Or maybe it is just an old blade?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.