Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

berg 7 problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:47 PM
NiCk416

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default berg 7 problems.....

hello everyone.. i have a question.. i just purchased a berg 7 reciever for my typhoon because i had serious twitch problems... with stock reciever.. but i cant seem to get the channels correct... ive tried every possible combo to get my ailerons to function properly but i have has no luck.. the rudder elavator and motor work proeperly but tthe ailerons are the problem... i can get each one individualy working properyly by changing the channel numbers i plug into but no together like they are supposed to ... i know this sounds a little confusing but hopefully someone can help me... thanks
Old 12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: berg 7 problems.....

We need more info. Are you using a "Y" cable and original transmitter?

CR

Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 PM
NiCk416

i AM using the original transmitter....no y cable... the only extra cable i have is the jumper that came with the berg....
Old 12-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using Parkzone servos? If so, I recall that they are proprietary and will only work with Parkzone Rx's....

I'm puzzled. I thought Parkzone Tx's were on 27mhz.... [sm=confused.gif]

My bad. Looks like they sell this one on the 72MHz band

The Berg 7 can be programmed. Have you tried that?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:36 PM
NiCk416

i am using parkzone servos in ailerons,rudder.. and an hs-81 in my elevator.. my elevator and rudder are working perfect.... only prob is with the ailerons... i CAN get them to work one at a time.... and if each one is plugged into the same channel... for example.... just say i plug left ail..in to channel 5 it works correctly.. now...... i plug right aileron into channel 5 it also works correctly...but only in that channel..
Old 12-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Doc Austin

Castle Creations has outstanding customer service/technical support. Just write them and they will get you hooked up.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Charley

ORIGINAL: NiCk416

i am using parkzone servos in ailerons,rudder.. and an hs-81 in my elevator.. my elevator and rudder are working perfect.... only prob is with the ailerons... i CAN get them to work one at a time.... and if each one is plugged into the same channel... for example.... just say i plug left ail..in to channel 5 it works correctly.. now...... i plug right aileron into channel 5 it also works correctly...but only in that channel..
Are you using the 4-channel original Transmitter (Tx)? Doesn't matter how many channels on the Receiver (Rx), it's only being fed 4 channels. Put a Y cable on chan 5 of the Berg and plug both servos into it.

Are you making sure that your Tx is turned on before you power up the Rx? It's supposed to learn the Xmitter's charactaristics as it powers up.

CR
Old 12-21-2006, 12:12 AM
NiCk416

no i havent tried to program it yet .. but i will try the y connecter that sound like it might work... will LHS have one of those????
Old 12-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Time Pilot

no i havent tried to program it yet .. but i will try the y connecter that sound like it might work... will LHS have one of those????
It looks as though you need the Castle Link USB programming device & software to program the Berg 7.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:24 AM
bzyguy01

You will need to run a Y cable on the ailerons with the parkzone transmitter and a berg 7. You could have just gotten a berg 4 and used a "Y". Problem with the parkzone transmitter you don't have tha capability to reverse or add channels 5,6,7 and up. just channel 1 through 4. The parkzone rx has a built in splitter which I think most people think is a channel 5 when reality its a built in reversed channel 1. Kinda confusing huh? Sorry all but I'm pulling from memory here as I yanked out the tx and rx for my futaba and berg 4 with a "Y" adapter over a year ago.

If you look at your parkzone TX I think you will find that all you can reverse is channel 1,2,3 and 4....Right? Let me know if I'm mistaken as its been awhile. Just trying to aid.

Regards
Shayne

PS. What does LHS stand for????
Old 12-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

LHS:

Local Hobbby Store
Old 12-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Charley

ORIGINAL: bzyguy01

You will need to run a Y cable on the ailerons with the parkzone transmitter and a berg 7. You could have just gotten a berg 4 and used a "Y". Problem with the parkzone transmitter you don't have tha capability to reverse or add channels 5,6,7 and up. just channel 1 through 4. The parkzone rx has a built in splitter which I think most people think is a channel 5 when reality its a built in reversed channel 1. Kinda confusing huh?
Shayne
I doubt that the extra aileron slot in the Park Zone Rx is reversed. One can find out by looking at the orientation of the aileron servo arms. if they point at each other or point away from each other then the fifth slot is not reversed and a Y cable will do the trick. Another way to tell is to plug the aileron servos into the aileron slots on the original Rx and see if they rotate in the same direction when the stick is moved. I'm betting they will.

If that Berg 7 channel RX was mine and I'd bought it at a LHS, I'd take it back and swap it in for a Berg 4 and a Y cable.

CR

Old 12-21-2006, 01:49 PM
bzyguy01

Charley, I 'm with ya on this. I think that you're right about the 5th slot not being reversed.
ORIGINAL: Charley

ORIGINAL: bzyguy01

You will need to run a Y cable on the ailerons with the parkzone transmitter and a berg 7. You could have just gotten a berg 4 and used a "Y". Problem with the parkzone transmitter you don't have tha capability to reverse or add channels 5,6,7 and up. just channel 1 through 4. The parkzone rx has a built in splitter which I think most people think is a channel 5 when reality its a built in reversed channel 1. Kinda confusing huh?
Shayne
I doubt that the extra aileron slot in the Park Zone Rx is reversed. One can find out by looking at the orientation of the aileron servo arms. if they point at each other or point away from each other then the fifth slot is not reversed and a Y cable will do the trick. Another way to tell is to plug the aileron servos into the aileron slots on the original Rx and see if they rotate in the same direction when the stick is moved. I'm betting they will.

If that Berg 7 channel RX was mine and I'd bought it at a LHS, I'd take it back and swap it in for a Berg 4 and a Y cable.

CR

Old 12-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Time Pilot

If you're going back to the store, I'd ask about about the programming functions on the Berg 7. I don't know how fancy the programming gets, but I bet that it could be programmed to run two aileron servos with a 4 channel Rx.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:07 PM
NiCk416

ok im going to the hobby store in a few to get the y cable.. ill let u all know how it works out... hopefully it works out well.... doesnt make sense for me to exchange it for a berg4.... i can used it other places in the future...
Old 12-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Charley

ok im going to the hobby store in a few to get the y cable.. ill let u all know how it works out... hopefully it works out well.... doesnt make sense for me to exchange it for a berg4.... i can used it other places in the future...
Sure you can use it elsewhere; just as soon as you buy a 6 or 7 channel Xmitter. Er, and an airplane that needs it, etc, etc.

Suggest you take the model with you when you go the the LHS. If they're gonna palm a 7 channel Rx off on you for a 4 channel airplane, they can at least provide some help in getting it going.

CR
Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Charley

Nick,

I just followed this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586691 It describes the Berg 7 programming process. It looks like you can program more than one slot in the Rx to your Tx aileron channel. The guys say you can think of it as an electronic Y cable. You have to buy a programming cable, however. Suggest you take a look before you go to the store.

Cheers,

CR

Edited for typos, CR.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:52 PM
NiCk416

sorry it took so long i got everything to work properly all i needed was Y cable... i cant get my dual rates to work though ill have to look at the programing link for further info.....