Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Mini Stick Ultra E-flite Stab Twist

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Mini Stick Ultra E-flite Stab Twist

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:32 PM
raynman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Stick Ultra E-flite Stab Twist

The stabilizer on my new PNP Mini stick ultra has some twist to it. How can this be removed? I don't want it to corkscrew if you know what I mean!!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Doc Austin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Stick Ultra E-flite Stab Twist

Carefully remove the elevator control horn. After that you can place the stab on a flat surface (a big piece of glass works well). That will give you an idea of where and how bad that stab is warped.

I set my Monokote iron at 3/4, press down on the stab so it conformns to the flat surface it's on, and run the iron over it a few times. That will get it pretty close. If you have a really big warp, you may have to twist the stab by hand, but then you run the risk of making it worse, or bowing the leading or trailing edge of the stab. If you need to twist it more than just a little, put a penny or two under the corner that is low (to jack that side up) and try running the iron over it again.

Or, if you are a patient sort of fellow, call Horizon and see if they will ship you a new stab. You may have to send the old one back, and it might take a week or two, but that's better than having the airplane fly crooked.