Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Help me decide

Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Laggard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide

Looking for my third plane that needs to be capable of IMAC style aerobatics. Not at all interested in 3D. Got it down to four finalists.

Sebart Sukhoi 29S 30E
Fliton Extra 260 Mini
Hyperion Sukhoi 25e SU-31
EXTREME FLIGHT Extra 300
Old 01-27-2008, 01:41 AM
jooNorway

Default RE: Help me decide

Would not recommend the Hyperion.
The Sebart is good, but consider the Katana instead.
Don`t know the other two planes.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:59 AM
3DSAVAGE

how about a gws formosa? i have one w/ brushless setup and it rocks!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Doc Austin

I'm putting together an Extreme Flight Extra. Very nice plane and very capable. Check the videos on Extreme Flight's site. I bought this plane strictly on it's reputation, which is considerable.

As a bonus that won't mean anything to you now, the plane is fully 3D capable (with a 3D setup). Later, though, when you discover the plane's capabilities, you will want to push it harder and harder, and that means flying some 3D with it.

That's how I got started doing 3D. I bought a 3D plane and sport flew it, but later I tried some 3D maneuvers and they were so much fun that I've gone to a full 3D setup and sport fly that. My sport flying routine includes precison maneuvers on low rates, and full blown 3D antics on high rates. That's the way I intend to fly my Extreme Flight Extra too.

Hopefully by the weekend we will have some video footage on the Extra and we'll post it here.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
patnchris

What is the problem with the Hyperion????.......I have several Flitons and I won't buy another.....Light weight is ok, but not at the expense of structural soundness. I would gladly give a couple oz. to get a little more wood......
Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Doc Austin

I flew the Etreme Flight Extra and I'm tickled silly with it. I've also got a 3DHS Extra which I love, but it's too soon for me to compare them. Not only are they very similar in a lot of ways, but the wind has been so horiffic that it's not fair to judge tbhe extra in those conditions. Still, she flew really well in the wind, so if she doesn't fly worse in better conditions it seems like it's going to be a good plane.

My Extreme Flight Extra 300E is a test subject. We will put 25 flights on her and then chronicle the whole experience, and probably post it both here and RCG. Give us a week or so.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Laggard

Thanks, Doc. I'll leaning towards the Extreme Extra now.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:34 AM
latitude777

ORIGINAL: Laggard

Looking for my third plane that needs to be capable of IMAC style aerobatics. Not at all interested in 3D. Got it down to four finalists.

Sebart Sukhoi 29S 30E
Fliton Extra 260 Mini
Hyperion Sukhoi 25e SU-31
EXTREME FLIGHT Extra 300

Would definately recommend the Sebart Katana rather than the sukhoi! Both my mates have them! For precision and imac style flying you cant go wrong with this plane!! Its fantastic. very precise and flies very light! It doesnt harrier upright real well, but inverted perfectly. And rolling circles,loops etc are brilliant! I flew one myself and loved it but went for the more aerobatic/3D brother the Sukhoi!

The extreme flight extra 300 looks good too but i think (IMO) it is a more 3D aerobatic style plane from what ive seen.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:04 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

If your looking for no 3D, solid precision aerobatics....seriously check out the Seagull Extra EP. It will do 3D if you get on it, but it absolutly excels at smooth precise maneuvers. Its often overlooked, but is still a really good aerobatic plane. Drop a park 480 or Extreme Flight 2818/900 on a 12x6 prop and go for it. Just reinforce the horizontal stab before you fly it.

The SebArt Katana is more of a 3D plane vs precision aerobatics. Its a little too floaty for the precise stuff in my opinion. But if you want all out 3D mayhem...the katana is the plane to do it.

The EF Extra is also a good general aerobatic plane, but Id HIGHLY recommend reinforcing the horizontal stab on it also. Both the seagull and the EF extra have paper thin stabs, and you can fold em in a hard pull.