Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Guillows PT-17 Stearman-Electric Conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Guillows PT-17 Stearman-Electric Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Guillows PT-17 Stearman-Electric Conversion

Just picked up a Guillow's Stearman kit that I want to put electric RC gear into. The literature that came with the kit indicates it will accept up to an .09 for free flight or control line. This particular kit was manufactured before electric flight was very popular, but Guillow's web site indicates its compatible with "simple"electric gear. I have never built a Guillow's kit, or tried to install electric gear in anything that wasn't specifically designed for it. I have HS 55 servos, mini receiver and small GP outrunner moter that I use on foamies. I have a couple of larger motors as well. This kit has a 28" wing span, which is fairly large (I think) for a kit designed to use rubber power. It comes with a bunch of plastic parts to make static scale model and tissue for covering. I have built numerous kits and two scratch builts with varying success. Covering and detailing are not my strengths.

What tips or suggestions do any of you out their in RCU land have to offer?

Greg
Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Guillows PT-17 Stearman-Electric Conversion

The other forum has a thread or two

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...stearman+PT+17

HTH