Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

ZeroGravity Pitts Python 42"

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:50 PM
latitude777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ZeroGravity Pitts Python 42"

I can recommend the hacker (the 55sb pro is the esc not the motor) the motor is the A30-10xl, i've been flying it in a Sukhoi 30e and an AJ extra 330 by fliton its performed flawlessly the entire time ive had it and has heaps of power. The ZG bipe (my next order) is the same weight range as both of these planes and the motor spins a 14x7 on 3S with no problem at all.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:09 PM
RCAA
My Feedback: (4)

[8D] Yea, I know the Hacker x-55 SB PRO is the ESC and I also went with the REAPER GR35 motor. I finished my Pitts last week and got to fly it 3 brief flights yesterday. Brief, because I'm using a 3S 2500 mAh LiPo for now. I intend to get either a 4S or a bigger 3S later. This bipe was great to build as all parts went together extremely well and quickly. The plane flys GREAT! The REAPER GR35 takes it thru ALL manuvers with ease. The ailerons are a little more sensitive than I thought so I added more exponential and all is well. I went with this motor because it is several ounces lighter and still has a lot of power for this 48 oz. bipe. I used a 13 x 6.5e prop but was told that a 14 x 7e would even give me more from the REAPER. I'm still in the process of tweaking out the balance as I think that I might be a little tail heavy. Need to get it inverted again and check next flight.

Just thought I'd add my $ .02 worth as I feel that this Pitts will be in my stable for a long time as it is fun to fly and draws a lot of attention and envy at the field!!! [8D]
Old 01-09-2009, 08:40 PM
latitude777

Hey sorry to correct you then.

Yeah im gonna put in an order for one of these puppies hopefully in the next month, Esprit models is currently out of stock though as are other suppliers i have spoken to so far. I will only be flying with a tp xtreme 2200 so im expecting no more than around 7 minutes flight out of it, which im fine about coz the performance is fantastic. I'll be spinning a 14x7 XOAR prop also. Cant wait to get the thing in my own hands, its a fantastic looking plane! I cant totally understand it drawing attention!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
RCAA

Hey Latitude, no offense taken.

Glad to hear there's another pilot interested in the Pitts. It's a great bipe and I know you'll be happy with it once you get one. It goes together with no problems and as I said previously, it's been NOTICED at the field !

Let us know how you like it once you get one. I got mine about 3 weeks ago and there seemed to be a small supply with various dealers at the time. Suggest that you look up "ZeroGravity" on the net and see if JB knows which dealers have a supply.

Good Luck!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 PM
latitude777

Hey RCAA,
Thanks for the heads up!

SO no problems in the build sequence then! Awesome to hear.

I have heard that there can be issues with lining up the upper and lower wings correctly on these planes?!

Any dramas for this one?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
RCAA

I read that somewhere on one of these threads, but I had NO problem with setting mine up. I put the screws in the metal cabane struts loosely before I tightened them all down and everything went as it was supposed too. That goes for attaching them to the fuselage and when attaching them to the center section. The only minor issue that I have is getting my hands in there to set the battery as it is a little tight (big hands, I guess). Be sure to install your velcro straps (holding the LiPo in place in the fuselage) BEFORE you bolt in the wing center section as you'll have more room to do it at this time. When the center section is in place it gets a little tight to set this up, but it can be done as that's the way I had to do it.

Main thing is to keep your bipe LIGHT, mine weighs 48ozs. (with LiPo), and, as I said, flys GREAT !
Old 10-15-2009, 07:41 PM
RCDogbert

Default RE: ZeroGravity Pitts Python 42

Hi,
I have just about finished building the ZG Pitts Python. My first ever ARF build - of anything. I have a few questions I would appreciate some help on if possible ...

1. I am getting a little bit of bubbling on the skin on one side of the fuselage. I think one day I left it where the morning sun could hit it. It was covered but perhaps this caused some heat and the bubble. My local hobbyshop guy said a heat iron on top of a tshirt on the bubbles would re-apply the adhesive. Any other suggestions or confirmation that this is effective?

Secondly, I've never balanced a plain. Can someone suggest how to do this or point to a link to a tutorial on working out the CG.

I also have to work out how to do all the throws, trims, rates and things with my Spektrum controller (DX7). It all seems very complicated !

Also, I got the brushless combo back from Atlanta Hobbies which seems to have some excellent stuff and all pieces were in the pack. I was really impressed.

It had the following:

1, Pitts Python ARF Aircraft
1, Torque 2814-820 518 Watt brushless motor with prop adapter
1, Airboss Elite 45 Amp ESC
1, 3 cell 3300 ThunderPower Extreme V2 LiPo Battery
3, HS-65 Karbonite Gear, Ball Bearing Servos
1, HS-65 Metal Gear, Ball Bearing Servo
3, Lite weight Servo extensions
1, Xoar 14*7 prop
1, Deans connector from ESC to battery
1, Deans connector for Battery

What other battery combinations could work. Should I try a 4S or 5S battery pack? Or not necessary.

Thanks for any partial or full answers.

RCDogbert
Downunder
Many broken choppers and a Stryker, Typhoon 3D, Sukhoi SU-26 BNF, Zero Gravity Pitts Python!
E-revo BL,Summit, Slash, Slash 1/16th

Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 PM
latitude777

By the way still no joy in getting one down here in Oz...

Any confirmations on the rumour about zero gravity quitting making these babies? or are they still available somewhere?

Cheers Michael...
Old 10-16-2009, 12:45 PM
RCAA

As I have previously stated: My bipe flys great and it has a 3S 2500 LiPo and stays up about 10 minutes. Obviously, not at full throttle at all times. You could get a 4s (read this tread back some for this iinfo) and the bipe will fly great also. Any more voltage and you had better check your motor to see if it can handle higher voltage. As for the covering, you were given good advice on the fix. You could use a covering iron, instead of a heat gun if you prefer. Changes in temperature and humidity will wrinkle the covering on all ARFs. I don't fly 2.4 GHz so I have NO idea on how to help you with the setup on your Spektrum radio. Balancing this bipe is CRITICAL to it's flying correctly. Read the ARF build instructions and get yourself something like the Great Planes balancer as your airplane does not need to be tail heavy and even too nose heavy could be a problem. I have found that my Python needs to be slightly more nose heavy than the plans call for so I put a another ounce on the nose and it lands more smoothly.

Hope this helps some.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:57 PM
RCDogbert

Very helpful - thanks