Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

3d typhoon motor use with stryker body

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

3d typhoon motor use with stryker body

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:11 PM
windfou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3d typhoon motor use with stryker body

hello everyone i already have a typhoon2 3d and want to use all the electronic for a stryker f- 27 my question do i need to buy another motor or can i use the brushless motor of the typhoon ?. another thing i can try is to put the rx and the servo of my aerobird 3 inside the stryker but the motor is a 380 lead and i don't really know if its enougth powerful to fly with anyway if somebody have some idea just tell me please thank you.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 AM
iamman711

Default RE: 3d typhoon motor use with stryker body

u can do it but it wont be as fast or agile if you use this "weaker" motor.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
windfou

ok thank you but this weaker motor like you say have a output of 3700 kV its not bad
Old 03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

The Typhoon uses a gearbox with its motor. The Stryker is setup for direct drive. If you want to use the Typhoon motor in the Stryker as a direct drive, you'll have to be sure to choose an appropriate prop size for it so you don't draw too much current and fry the motor, ESC, and/or battery. I don't think Horizon lists any specs on the Typhoon motor, but the Stryker motor is listed as 1880kv, so it probably higher torque, and can spin a larger/higher-pitch prop than the Typhoon motor. This means you'll have to choose a smaller/lower-pitch prop for direct drive on the Typhoon motor. The Stryker motor also looks like a larger motor, so it probably has a higher peak power output. I think you will find that between the reduced power output (if that assumption is correct), and the smaller (less efficient) prop, it won't perform nearly as well as with the Stryker motor.

Here's another important thing to consider: The Stryker motor appears to have a beefier shaft than the Typhoon motor, which means you'll be more likely to snap the shaft with a Typhoon motor when landing. I've found that you really need a 3.2mm - 4mm shaft diameter for direct drive motors to be sure you don't break the shaft with a prop strike. 2mm shafts are pretty fragile, and are best used with gearbox drives. This is especially important with belly landed planes like the Stryker.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:51 PM
windfou

thank you so much it's very helpful and am very happy someone show me the good direction to take !!! so now i search for a good brushless motor .maybe i can have something better for the price . i know they sold also the motor of the f-27c stryker separately for 55$ but i want something can reach 100mph with the same set up of the stryker c : remote from the typhoon rx,esc,servo,1800mah lipo battery