Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

E flite ultimate biplane

I'm sorry i dont know how to post the link but i was cruising horizons web site and found this new ultimate biplane. All of us that have power 10 motors from our brios will already have the motor for this. I really should have my pay check just direct deposited to eflite every time i get on the computer they have something new i need coming out. ducted fan jet, twinn 25 size plane the new sea fury and of course the new ultimate well i better get to work on finishing the beaver.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: E flite ultimate biplane

I know where you're coming from. I'm doing the Pawnee and have the Beaver, Taylorcraft, and T-6 waiting along with the P-47. I just saw the picture of the twin in RC Sport Flyer, May issue. That's a beauty! Deuces Wild!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zac dady

I'm sorry i dont know how to post the link but i was cruising horizons web site and found this new ultimate biplane. All of us that have power 10 motors from our brios will already have the motor for this. I really should have my pay check just direct deposited to eflite every time i get on the computer they have something new i need coming out. ducted fan jet, twinn 25 size plane the new sea fury and of course the new ultimate well i better get to work on finishing the beaver.
    You guys are right about that. Other day, Dueces Wild, I was just on the site today, nothing else and see this post and there is the Ult Bipe. question for you since all my stuff is 480 based 3S 2100. If I go to a power 10 as recommended it looks like I can still use my 3S 2100 lipos. what type of flying time do you get with the Power 10 and the 3S 2100? Do you guys step up on engine just like I did with the 480 compared to the 450 that they spec? seems if you do, you start entering the 4S zone and a larger ESC? The plane looks great and it seems like the P10 will haul it around nicely. Is anything else beyond overkill?

KP
    3DHS Field Support Crew

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an EFlite Ultra Stik 25e that I have been flying. EFlite recommends a Power 25 motor for it, I'mm flying it with an AXI2820-10, a 45AMP Castle Creations Phoenix 45 ESC and either a Polyquest 4400 3cell LiPo or a 3700 LiPo. The prop is a 12x6E APC. Flies great but then most Stiks do. For the Pawnee, I'm planning to use an EFlite Power 15 and an EFlite 40AMP Switching ESC. This allows me to use 6 servos without using a separate BEC or battery pack. The Beaver will probably get an EFlite Power 25 and an EFlite 60AMP Switching ESC. We'll see about batteries.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Link and picture for those interested.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2750
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	If10427.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	915596  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just built a reactor bipe. can''t wait to try it. Its a pretty good model. Some of the assembly was not the easiest in the world with cuts in the wood not being even and the hinge slot not being aligned and sometimes not cut out at all.

Still it went together in about 2-3 days.

I will post some pics and videos when it flies.

It came with the motor mount busted but I just epoxied it back together. It seems strong

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wedgewing,

I know this is an old post..

but did not see any answere to your question about flight time.. on .10 size eflight..

I've still kind of new to the Electric .. aspect but..

I bumped up to the .10 size motors this week and was looking around to see if peopel had the same results.

Here is what I'm getting as far as flight times..

1.E-flight 480 ( 7min ) medium to full open on the throttle.. on 2100 FMA battery 3S ( draws about 15 to 24 amps with a 10x3.8 apc
    ( been a while since I did a full throttle test to see how long it would last that way but I have my timer set to 7min)

Resent test show..

2. Exceed Monster Series .10 (4min) full open on the throttle 2100 FMA battery 3S (pulling 35 to 40amps with a 11X5 apc)

Dont know if e-flight are any better.. but could not pass up the change to test that motor.. for the price..

I think I will have to get bigger Lipos 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any update guys?
    **Check my gallery for more pictures**
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...y&memid=222042
    Club Saito member #706

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want to get an e-fleight ultimate, they tell me that you have to take off the cowl to change the battery, is this true?
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go to the Horizon web site and see if there is a manual for this aircraft, usually under "support". EFlite manuals are very good with plenty of pictures to explain the text.