Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW!! The Official Pulse XT 25e ARF by E-flite thread

ORIGINAL: phoenix426
    Wholesaletrains.com still has it listed for $164.99
    Click the link in my previous post.
    Better hurry!

Dang! Gotta wait till thursday.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello,

well i placed my order for the plane and floats through wholesale trains and then called to make sure i would get the lower price and the lady i spoke with said that i would, even after i told her about horizons price increase.

she also told me that the date they have to get them is 9-9-08 so lets hope they come in on time. im looking forward to flyin this off the lake.

bassman
    some people are like slinkies not worth much........... BUT bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello every1,

well im trying to figure out what motor to use in my plane once it gets here, i have 2 here i think will work well (dont want to have to buy another) .

but just want some other opinions to. the first is a hobbico B/L outrunner that i bought off e-bay new awhile back and the second is an axi 2820/10 that i have in my super sportster i run both motors on 3S and 4S just change props out for different performance.

im thinking the hobbico would work well on the 4S and a 11X7 or 12X6 prop to keeps the amps inline. (this motor flies a 7lb trainer on 4S so should fly the 25 E nicely

what does everyone else think or plan to use ?? thanks in advance for any info you may have.

bassman
    some people are like slinkies not worth much........... BUT bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bassmanh

what does everyone else think or plan to use ?? thanks in advance for any info you may have.

bassman
    I intend to try this Turnigy SK4250-650 on 4s 3500 with a 13x7 or 13x8 if I can get the ground clearance. We'll see how it goes. $43.00 and it should be a bit more power than the Power 32.

EDIT: I guess RCU won't alow links to hobbycity.. Here's the url.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._650Kv_/_1150w

WOW.. Still wont.. So after it says 'page not available.. insert hobbycity dot com where the asterisks are.. wierd...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nm..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wing,

yea ive been to there site there not to bad. its just that i already have these 2 mtors and dont really want to spend any more $$$$ as i have everything for the plane already.

so really am just looking for thoughts about the 2 motors i have and mentioned in my post, but i thanks you for the reply.

EDIT= well after doing some thinking and looking around the net i went back to nitroplanes.com and i think i am going to get there power 32 motor, it has the same spec as the E-flight motors and i have talked with a couple people who have them and really like them for the price.

bassman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AArrrgghhh.....

now the due date has been moved back to late sept [&o] [>:] wish they could more accuratley predict the due dates on the planes. well i hope its worth the wait.

bassman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi,

well horizon has the due date moved back to early OCT now, do you think we might see this plane before christmas ??? lmao it better be worth the looong wait.

a side note maybe it will come out the same time the floats are due in late OCT then i might still get a chance to fly off the lake before it gets to cold here.

bassman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got an email from them yesterday asking if I still wanted the plane and saying they would be shipping on Monday.

does anyone know if the wings bolt on and off "with ease" to put the trunk of the car?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't know, the kit hasn't arrived yet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The wing halfs are bonded together and bolted in place just like the Mini Pulse XT.
    Check out the photos of the XT 25e. You can see the two allen bolts in the rear part of the wing where it attaches to the fuse.
    The front of the wing has two pegs that go into guide holes and the rear of the wing is held in place with the two bolts.
    Works quite well.

They are very easy to take on and off for transportation.
    Well, at least they are easy on my Mini Pulse. Should be the same on the 25e.

Well, dropped by the local hobby shop and picked up my Pulse XT 25e. They had two on the shelf...$149.00. Took it home and, of course, opened the box. This is my 1st E-Flight plane and I have to admit they did a good job. Nice fit and finish with no noticable flemished or warps. Nicely packages too! A very vicely put together plane. Got to admit the color combo of yellow, black and white looks good. I can tell it will go together real quick. Good job E-Flight. I am going with the recommended set-up...32 power/4S. It should scream as this thing is light.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

$149??!! You suck!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rs4Rocks

Well, dropped by the local hobby shop and picked up my Pulse XT 25e. They had two on the shelf...$149.00. Took it home and, of course, opened the box. This is my 1st E-Flight plane and I have to admit they did a good job. Nice fit and finish with no noticable flemished or warps. Nicely packages too! A very vicely put together plane. Got to admit the color combo of yellow, black and white looks good. I can tell it will go together real quick. Good job E-Flight. I am going with the recommended set-up...32 power/4S. It should scream as this thing is light.

Wow. $149 is a great price. They were advertised at $169 for a long time.
    Good Score!

Need maiden flight report please!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi guys,

now i know some of you already have this plane (im still waiting [>:] ) so lets get some pics of the put togethers and or video of them flying please.

im jonesin to see how it flys in the real world with the different set-ups. thanks.

bassman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

See my post at Pulse XT 25e by E-Flite Foe complete details of mine. Chuck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just picked one of these up for $149. I am going with the Power 25 and 3S. I fly at the street in front of my house and like to be able to land slow so the focus on lighter weight. I will be happy with a good sport flyer.
    Tweet

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well here she is, on Floats.

Time to see how the Pulse XT 25e does on the water.

Set Up: Pulse XT 25e, E-Flite Power 25 motor, Castle 60 amp
    esc, E-Flite 3200 3s 20c battery, AR6200 Receiver, HT225mg Servos,
    E-Fite 25 size Floats, 12/10 apc prop.

Bad news, wind blowing 10 to12mph cross wind take off or look straight into the sun on take off. A little concerned about the 25 getting it off the water. Well wrong again! Add throttle, tracks straight across the water, Full throttle she comes off the water no prob. Climb to 100ft while making turn back. Straight and level, no trim adjustments again, same trim as no float flying, nice. Try big loop, no probs at all. Try tight loop no probs. Roll left roll right no probs. Seems to roll better with floats on then without them. Point nose up, snap roll, nice. Snaps nicely then just hangs there in the air inverted for a couple secs then comes out no probs. Lets push this, inverted loop, makes it over the top no probs and pulls back level at bottom and rolls out.

Well I don't want to do this, but time to land. Remenber, cross wind or look into the sun. She comes down, levels out fighting cross wind.
    1 small bounce, 2 small bounces final bounce just about stopped, cross wind catches it on final bounce and flips it over. Luckly the wind is blowing in to us. No need to get boat to retrive. 2 minutes and she at shore line. Take her home and dry her out, esc has been water proof.

Well concerns about 25 semi unfounded. Had enough power to do all stunts, however need at least 3/4 throttle if not more to do. Was using 12/10 prop, only becase didn't have a good 13/6.5 prop. Have to remenber about fighting the wind to. Will probably put a 32 in her.

Nice flying plane, no complaints, she's a keeper.

Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj22615.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	1046302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm38826.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	1046303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr42115.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	1046304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cw64095.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	1046305  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Fellas,

Just working on my Pulse XT 25 and found a huge gap between the wing and where it bolts to the fuse. I would think that when you tighten the bolts it would probably crush the wing or rip out the nuts from the frame. Has anyone filled that gap with some stock to take up the slack and strengthen the wing to the fuse setup?? Any assistance would be appreciated since this seems a bit dangerous to leave the gap empty.

Dino

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dino,

i glued my wing while it was OFF of the plane, i epoxied it lined it up good then used rubber bands to hold it together (1 at front dowels and 1 through the aileron slots) while it dried. now it lines up perfect and fits the wing nicely without any gaps. havent been able to fly mine yet DANG WEATHER.

hope this helps.

bassman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bassman,

I meant a gap between the wing and the frame that holds the blind nuts. there is a gap of about 3/8" ad I am worried that when I tighten the bolts on the wing it will try to rip out the blind nuts or try to straighten the wings dihedral. I was going to put a bit of stock in there to fill the gap shaped like the dihedral in the wing.

Dino

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dino,

another option you can try is to use some wing saddle foamtape i have an AT-6 that i had to do that with the wing, it didnt quite meat the fuse and the foam tape mad it sit a little bit better and didnt put any strain on the wing.

bassman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I have started assembling mine.

First issue was the firewall did not accomodate the bolts that came with my Power 25. No big deal but annoying when you are trying to buy a matched system just to avoid these problems.

Second issue is more concerning. I have a 60 Amp Eflite Pro ESC that I want to use until my 40 Amp ESC comes in. However, I can't get the bullet connectors on between the motor and the ESC! The ESC hooks up just fine to my Power 60 motor. It seems like the pins are too big on the Power 25 motor. Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks.

Dave
    Tweet

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tweet,

sounds like 1 has the 4 mm bullet connectors, and the other are 3 or 3.5 mm (cant remember for sure the size) so you may need to re solder the ends on one of them or wait untill you get the other esc

bassman

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast