Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

NEW!! The Official Pulse XT 25e ARF by E-flite thread

Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

NEW!! The Official Pulse XT 25e ARF by E-flite thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Tweet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!! The Official Pulse XT 25e ARF by E-flite thread

Thanks for the reply. You'd think the 60 amp controller would have connectors that would fit...I can see a smaller one not fitting. Anyway, I will wait for the 40 amp to come in and talk to HH.

Neat airplane, can't wait to fly it.

Dave
Old 10-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Farmer Ted
My Feedback: (5)

To those of you who are flying the PXT 25 e:

E-flite recommends the JR MN48 servos which have 48 oz-in of torque at 4.8v.

What servos are you guys running?

I was thinking a Hi-Tec HS 81 which is slightly smaller, lighter, but only has 36 oz-in of torque or even an Electrifly mini servo which is smaller and lighter yet and 32 oz-in of torque.

Does the pulse really need the high torque JR servos?

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 PM
bassmanh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

farmer ted,

im using the hobbico cs-35's from tower here = http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPB33&P=0

they have plenty of torque. allthough i have not flown mine yet, during set-up they worked well .

bassman
Old 10-23-2008, 06:34 AM
DinoD60

Hi Farmer Ted,

I am just finishing my Pulse and I am using the MN48. I had some Hitec 82mg's but the size was so small I would have to reinforce the opening just to secure them because the cutout was too big for the screws to reach. It was more trouble removing the ultracote and getting the ply epoxied in and then trimming it all than getting the recommended servos.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Tweet

Turns out it was a problem with the motor leads...odd.

Well, have the airplane assembled. The hatch is really difficult to get off...the magnets are surely strong enough. I am having to slide a pocket knife to use as leverage...kind of a pain. Wish they'd thought this out better. I am sure I will eventually damage the hatch taking it off this way.

Nice airplane and hope to fly it this weekend.

Dave
Old 10-29-2008, 06:47 AM
bassmanh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tweet,

i also had trouble removing the battery hatch at first then i tried a couple different ways and have found if you grab the hatch at the sides and and as close to the canopy as you can then slide it forward, seems to be the easiest way to open it on mine.

hoping to finaly get mine in the air on friday, the wind here has been blowing hard for the last i dont know how long. but friday is looking good right there saying low winds and in the mid 50's for a high.

bassman
Old 10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
DanMN

My first post in this forum! I've had my Pulse 25 ready for a week now and the weather hasn't cooperated. Can't wait to maiden it. It's sure a pretty plane! I am sure it will fly as good as it looks.

I put a piece of tape over the magnets on the front hatch and it seems to make it easier to take it off.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Wingwrecker

Could someone do me a favor and take a ruler to the battery bay of their Pulse 25? I want to order a 5s or 6s Rhino from HC but I want to be sure I don't get one that's too large. I'd like to get the biggest battery I can fit while still being able to keep a little airflow around it and not have the hatch too snug. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Evvy
Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
DanMN

Looks like the hatch opening is approx 5 3/4" long (total hatch, more room in the bay, could go longer), x 2 1/4" wide (total opening, need to fit the ESC there if that's where you wanna put it) x 1 3/8" tall (to the top of the opening in the plane from the botton of the battery tray).

Do you really need to push all those volts through this plane? My 3S's do a fine job of moving it along. More power to you though! Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM
DanMN

Maidened it tonight. Got alittle exciting when it got away from me while trimming it out. It must have gotten close to a 1/2 mile away.....! Almost lost it. Got it back though and trimmed out perfectly. This is one sweet flying plane. Takes off smooth and fast. Tracks real nice when landing. Actually, I couldn't believe how easy this plane was to land, comes in like it's on rails. Great stall characteristics too, very easy to read. The plane is fast, but not too fast. I am going to try a couple of different props and see what works best. Nice warm flying days in MN are going to go away fast now. Today was a beauty! 60 degrees and a 4 mph west wind. Could've stayed out all day!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Wingwrecker

ORIGINAL: DanMN

Looks like the hatch opening is approx 5 3/4" long (total hatch, more room in the bay, could go longer), x 2 1/4" wide (total opening, need to fit the ESC there if that's where you wanna put it) x 1 3/8" tall (to the top of the opening in the plane from the botton of the battery tray).

Do you really need to push all those volts through this plane? My 3S's do a fine job of moving it along. More power to you though! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks a bunch! And yeah I overpower everything. Kinda need to up here in Denver. My setup is going to be the [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7069&Product_Name=TGY_AerodriveXp_SK_Series_42-50_650Kv_/_1150w]Turnigy SK 42-50[/link] and [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7652&Product_Name=Rhino_3700mAh_5S1P_20C_Lipoly_Pack]5s 3700 Rhino[/link] with a 12x8 or 13x8 prop, I think. Should cook pretty well up here on this setup.

Happen to have a link to a inch/mm converter?

Anyone know of a good no-name servo that's a drop-in fit with the 25e?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
phoenix426

ORIGINAL: Wingwrecker

Happen to have a link to a inch/mm converter?

www.metric-conversions.org

Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
jmir

Here is a metric conversion I use whenever I need one.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/help/convcalcs.html

Works great!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Wingwrecker

cool, thanks!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:23 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

This thread has been awful quiet.. Are the planes coming in? I was able to get one off Horizon's scratch and dent section for the original price. the only thing I could find wrong was they sent me 2 LH wheel pants (they replaced)
Old 11-28-2008, 04:24 PM
DinoD60

I finished mine about 3 weeks ago and not airborne yet, too much snow and cold so it will have to wait til spring to maiden this plane. The only thing I found that was a little off was the ultracote (surprisingly) it has quite a few wrinkles and the iron will not remove the larger bubbles. A little disappointed with the finish on this plane, I have seen much better from Eflite, this was not one of their best off the assembly line. I was going to ask them to replace some of the parts but it would be more trouble than it's worth since we are talking the fuse, one wing and the tail.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:56 PM
r/cmark42

come to think about it, I had the same issue. I used a Topflight airgun on it and took care of the problems.. Here's hoping for and early spring or late Indain summer!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:01 PM
DinoD60

Hi R/C, I tried the heat gun and the iron as well as trying a very thin needle to let the air out but this ultracote seems to want stay wrinkled. It's not sticking to the wood and remains as a bubble. Must have had dirt or something on the fuse to prevent the adhesive from doing it's job.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:55 PM
r/cmark42

Once you get her in the air, you'll never see the wrinkles!!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:46 AM
50mph

if you are getting bubbles it could be your heat is to high. You only need enough heat to get the glue to stick. After you can try turning up the heat for shrinking.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:50 AM
DinoD60

Hi 50mph,

I have tried all temperatures on the heat gubn as well as the iron and nothing seems to get the adhesive to work. I have done quite a bit of work with Ultracote and this is the first real headache I have encountered. Not Eflites finest work and I am a bit surprised by this, normally they are the best when covering their ARFs along with Hangar9.
But like R/C said, when it's in the air, it will be difficult to see the wrinkles. Just won't be the showpiece on the ground that I would like.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
clt12981

I have two XT25e's. One that I purchased and one they sent me for free because of problems with the first one. I can not get the covering on either one of them to stick to the wood. I can heat both of them and take the wrinkles out but they sag right back out when it cools.
I agree bad workmanship and or product. Horizon has a problem they need to fix!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11932.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1080810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dt18767.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1080811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw92772.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1080812  
Old 11-29-2008, 04:02 PM
DinoD60

And I thought I was the only one!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:24 PM
woodbender

Hello all, my first post here. Just bought the XT25e, or should I say Santa found a smokin hot deal at a Las Vegas HobbyTown ($150.00) and made a deal with Mrs. Clause.

Had a Mini Pulse XT and LOVED it so I thought this would be a logical next plane. I followed the upgraded power system Doc Austin suggested for the Mini Pulse. WOW what a plane that was after the upgrade! I'm looking for the same level of performance (rocket ship) with the XT25e that I had with the Mini Pulse running a Park 480, TP 2100 batteries, 40a esc.

I bought this motor [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3886]Turnigy C3536-1100[/link] more or less on a whim.
I already have TP 2100 batteries which I'd like to use.

My question; if I use this combination will the XT25e be a rocket ship like my old Mini Pulse, a slug or somewhere in the middle?
Old 11-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Wingwrecker

That motor won't be as fast or powerful as the Power 32 or Rimfire 42-50-800 on 4s.. For more power you could try the [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7069&Product_Name=TGY_AerodriveXp_SK_Series_42-50_650Kv_/_1150w]Turnigy SK 42-50-650[/link] on 4s or 5s. But good luck getting a 5s in the plane.

Edit: I would plan around an APC 12x10e prop as it's seems to hit the sweet spot for speed on this plane, for me anyways.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.