Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Mini Pulse PNP Motor question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:02 AM
DwightMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Pulse PNP Motor question

I have the PNP version which includes an Outrunner 450 890kv. When power is applied, the prop and rotating part of the motor move forward 3/16". When this happens, a percentage of the magnets are no longer "inside" the housing. Is this normal. Am I loosing power or efficiency?
Old 09-14-2008, 08:23 AM
derek2005

Default RE: Mini Pulse PNP Motor question

Doesn't do that on mine. There is a little play, but not 3/16". That sounds excessive. The PNP 450 is not the best motor out there. I still use mine, but there have been many complaints about it. See what other people think, but I would try to get the motor replaced.

If nobody answers this thread try putting it on the mini-pulse xt thread.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
GoldKraft

That is deffinently not right.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
DwightMann

I am convinced! Actually I just needed an excuse to upgrade. What is the hot ticket for this?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:24 PM
derek2005

Check out the mini pulse xt thread, but it seams like the eflite park 480 with a quality esc just makes this plane ballistic. Upgrade the servos as well to give you better response. I have Hitec 55's on the ailerons and 56's on the tail surfaces. The 56's are amazing little servos. There are some amazing videos of the MP with the 480 on the other thread. Doc Austin's upgrades are well documented and very popular.

Good luck with the upgrades.

I made a surprising upgrade (downgrade) last week. I ripped the landing gear out of the plane and decided to fly it anyway and belly land on the grass. It was an amazing difference. The roll rate was way faster and the plane was much more responsive. It easily belly lands so I am leaving this way until I get some new landing gear and wheels. It is a blast and I only have the PNP 450.