Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Hyperion yak 55 profile, anyone got one?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Hyperion yak 55 profile, anyone got one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:22 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hyperion yak 55 profile, anyone got one?

Hey fellows and gals, Im new to the electric realm , Ive flown glow and gas for a while , so I guess Im a rookie at electrics
Does anyone have one of the Hyperion profile yak 55 3D planes( I think the weight is around 13 oz) ? And would you mind telling me whats a good setup for a brushless motor/esc as well as servos that you are using, and would you mind pointing me in the right direction for some good pricing on all of this stuff? And what about the rcvr as well as lipo batteries too please? Ive got the plane coming, just nothing to power it with yet.
How do you like this plane btw?
Thanks in advance!!
John
Old 09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
JohnMcGowan

Default RE: Hyperion yak 55 profile, anyone got one?

no one had one of these planes?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
JohnMcGowan

Ive had the plane now for about a month and absolutely love it!! Will do anything you tell it to do (its more capable that I am, lol)
and I can even take it to work and fly it off of our 8 story parking deck, just hope it doesnt go down during that time because its a long walk back down to ground level[&o] if it ever quits on me!
I also fly it regularly at our clubs field.
Two thumbs up to Hyperion for this plane[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 AM
reuben199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John,
I've got a hyperion rearbear reno racer, its a profile foamy. Its my first hyperion plane and I used their recommended set up and found it great[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 AM
JohnMcGowan

Cool Reuben!! I fly mine on a regular basis, even close to home where there is a soccer field nearby and Ive even gone as far as taking it to work and flying it off of my workplace's 8 story parking deck, where I would have to take off and land between the space left for cars to drive ;0
Its a fun palne for sure, the landing gear wire is pretty fragile on how it mounts to the fuse, but no biggie. I am using a 2410-09 brushless motor on mi9ne with a 1047 prop with a 1300 mah lipo and can get around 13 to 15 minutes of flying time, more than enough for me.
Have fun with yours.
John
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 PM
davidgeorge212

I finally found one of these planes and got it in the mail the other day. I am working on drawing up a set of plans in auto cad from it. The arf is built with a lot of laser cut parts, but I am drawing it up with a slightly simpler construction method. It will still have the same or similar outlines and airfoil as the arf but it now uses alot more simpler construction techniques to build. Now all the people in our club that loved this plane but cant find them anymore can build one of their own, If they wanted to.

David G.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
JohnMcGowan

Good evening Opie.
man that sounds really nice if you could design one of these . Ive still got my spare arf in the box if you need any dimensions from it, dont hesitate to ask. If I could maybe suggest one thing since you are going to all the trouble to make one yourself,.. would it be possible to make the fuse a little bit stronger, especially on top right past where the fake canopy ends? They always seem to crack and break right there because its just soft balsa.
Im going to the field tomorrow to try out that new twist. I have to go meet the taxlady in the morning but hope to be up there around 11:00 or so. If you and your dad can make it , please come since its supposed to pour Sunday all day.
Hope to see you tomorrow Dave,
John
Old 03-27-2010, 12:56 AM
davidgeorge212

The dimensions of this drawing should be the same as the arf because I have the actual plane right in front of me and I stripped all the covering off and I am measuring the actual structure of the plane. I havent drawn the fuselage yet, but I remember you saying that the turtle deck area was the weak spot. I can definately draw in some sort of carbon fiber strips in that area to stiffen it up.

I wont be coming out to the feild this weekend, I am staying at school in Jacksonville. My dad might come out however.