Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Ultimate 20-300

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 06:25 AM
wrpsr1911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite Ultimate 20-300

I just purchased the new Ultimate by E-flite. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the build, or any suggestions. Being a new plane, I ordered the recommendations in the instruction manual. Spektrum, Digital Servos, E-Flite 40 Amp ESC, E-Flite Power 10 motor was recommended (out of stock, so I ordered Power 15), ThunderPower Extreme V2 3S-2200mah Battery Pack. I am relatively new to Electric Flight, so any Help will be appreciated!- WOODIE
Old 10-25-2008, 01:07 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: E-Flite Ultimate 20-300

Woodie,

Hurry up and built it.
Let us know your comments on build and how it flies.
I'm waiting for comments before I order one.

Jmir
Old 10-29-2008, 01:11 AM
werew
My Feedback: (4)

I just bought the e-flite ultimate as well... hopefully maiden it tomorrow. I have the Power10, Phx 45 ESC, HS65MG's and will use a 12x6e prop.

If you're into 3d i'd highly recommend using the HS65mg's on at LEAST the ailerons... I just crashed a Reactor Bipe due to Spektrum S75's stripping out on me, lost both ailerons 15 feet off the deck. I think the Spektrum S75's are great servos, center well, fast and good torque... the gears just can't handle that much surface area/3d load. At the very least go with HB type Hitec servos.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:38 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: werew

I just bought the e-flite ultimate as well... hopefully maiden it tomorrow. I have the Power10, Phx 45 ESC, HS65MG's and will use a 12x6e prop.

If you're into 3d i'd highly recommend using the HS65mg's on at LEAST the ailerons... I just crashed a Reactor Bipe due to Spektrum S75's stripping out on me, lost both ailerons 15 feet off the deck. I think the Spektrum S75's are great servos, center well, fast and good torque... the gears just can't handle that much surface area/3d load. At the very least go with HB type Hitec servos.
Did you have to make any mods to accept the HS65mg's?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM
k3for

Building tips for E-Flite Ultimate 20-300

Just finished my E-Flite Ultimate 20-300. Used a smaller E-Flite BL480 with 3/4 inch delrin stand-offs to get the motor shaft out the cowl. Older BL480's come with a smaller X-mount - you need the newer one that fits the Ultimate Firewall (same size as Power 10).

My firewall blind nuts were a little stiff - run your bolts through each on first, before you mount the engine. If the blind nuts back out, either replace them or lube them, or glue them in (carefully!).

Hot glue your elevator/rudder extensions along the fuselage so they don't flop around in flight and possibly work loose the connection or break a wire.

Enlarge the opening in the bottom of the cowl to allow more space to get your 3s2100 LiPo in and out easier. Anderson Powerpole connectors also make the connecting and disconnecting a lot easier - stays together, but requires less force to separate.

Enlarge the holes on the aileron linkages before you glue them in, and also ensure you don't glue the linkage into the aileron so that the hole is so close to the trailing edge that the clevis and/or locking screw block or backing piece don't fit.

I upgraded to a wider, taller, more flexible landing gear with large Dubro foam wheels, since flying off a rougher grass field will rip those stock puppies right off.

You might have to enlarge the slot for the tail wheel - you want the lowest horizontal metal leg to fit all the way in the rudder.

The CA hinges soak up glue super-fast - you might have a hard time getting CA on both side of all 4 aileron hinges before it's too late - I had to cut one set and replace all four with pin hinges.