Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Great Planes Edge 540T

Old 01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
emederos
My Feedback: (78)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Edge 540T

i recently purchased this plane with combo but im not going to use the 45 amp esc (actually i have it for sale on this site now) im going to use an eflite 60 amp instead. i dont know iwhy they recommend a 45 amp esc if the motor pulls 42 amps constant 42 amps and the burst (surge) is way more than the esc can handle. Could someone please explain this to me
Old 01-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Bobby Bo
My Feedback: (2)

just flew mine,,didnt like the power it had..n crashed on landing..doesnt float but i knew better also..
eflite power 32 12x6 apc 4s 2200 40c nano
i borrowed a watt meter but looking for a starting point...
when hovering didnt punch out like i was expecting...
Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 AM
emederos
My Feedback: (78)

I hear people say the Rimfire .32 has more power than the eflite 32? Don't know why but... I would next time try to use a high end battery like thunderpower of flightpower , those Chinese nano and turnigy,zippy they all claim to have the "c" rating that they don't really have that's why they are sooo cheap compared to good batteries
Old 01-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Bobby Bo
My Feedback: (2)

What is the biggest 4s. 4000 mah too much? Just seems like a big tray for little batt.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 AM
flymeaway
My Feedback: (6)

Just picked up one of these the other day for my next e-project. When I was inspecting everything I noticed that the cowl seems like it comes off way too easy and was wondering if anyone has had problems with the cowl staying on in flight or from forceful maneuvers. I may try to get a couple screws in each side, just seems like it wouldn't stay on, magnets don't seem strong enough. Same thing with the canopy - these seem stronger than the cowl but have there been issues here at all?

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: emederos

I hear people say the Rimfire .32 has more power than the eflite 32? Don't know why but... I would next time try to use a high end battery like thunderpower of flightpower , those Chinese nano and turnigy,zippy they all claim to have the ''c'' rating that they don't really have that's why they are sooo cheap compared to good batteries
actually the Nano packs have a big puch to them and just because they are cheap priced does not mean you lack performance with them
Gens Ace are the packs that seem to be on top right now for price and performance
for the price they cannot be beat right now
Old 08-14-2012, 11:30 AM
nitro208ca

The main mistake that you made is going to greatplanes themselfs( if you really own that plane)
The book itself states that if there is any damage when opening the box is to go to hobbico.com and not great planes.

Ibought my edg540t yesterday and found out the rudder was damaged.went to hobbico.com .....LIKETHEBOOK states...... and the next day got an email from them stating that they are going to send me the re-placement this week.
If you want them to replace damaged product there is info that you need to send them
1) pic's of the damage ( to prove you are not the one that did the damage)
2)give them the receipt number
3) give them the invoice#
4) give them the place where you bought it from ( name of store, address, phone#)
5) give them your email and phone#
6) date that you bought it
7) go to the place that it says in the book to contact, in this case bobbico and not great planes
Old 10-20-2012, 04:14 AM
guapoman2000

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you believe how tough this model is? Sat in the swap for almost a week and it is still in great shape!!

Take a Look!

Mark S. and his wonderful flying skills (real Pilot Skills) who flew above our RC Clubs property and above the swap and located a fellow's 540 so, it allows for locating and rescue of lost RC Airplane models in the swap, adjacent to our RC Club!!!

One such model......