Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Sebart Angel S 50

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:01 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sebart Angel S 50

This is my new Sebart Angel S 50, she is a really nice plane and building her is so easy. Hope to maiden her tomorrow. Set up is as follows:

Motor - AXI 4120/18
ESC - Himodel 120A (it was lying about doing nothing)
Batt - Flight Power EVO25 5S 4,900
Prop - APC 14x10E and 15x10E
Servo - JR 539 all round

I shall get a report in after a few flights.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85966.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	947322  
Old 05-17-2008, 11:42 PM
jwehle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebart Angel S 50

I'm looking at the Angel as a possible purchase down the road and
am trying to determine if it will fit fully assembled in the back of a
Toyota Highlander. From the spec sheet I know that it has a 62.6 inch
wingspan and is 65.4 inches long. If you have a chance can you post:

a) The distance from the tip of the nose to the outside tip of the wing

b) The distance from the outside tip of the wing to the tip of the tail

Do most people transport it fully assembled, or do they attach the wings
at the field? Pros / cons of either approach?
Old 05-24-2008, 11:40 AM
tIANci

Last weekend I maidened my Angel. I reached the field and then hooked everything up. Once it was all ready and all controls have been double checked I tached her. The 14x10E only read 7,200 RPM ... very close with what ECalc estimated but not what I would have liked, I would prefer to get about a minimum of 8,000 RPM out of her.

After a long roll out the Angel slowly rotated and lifted off. The plane was very nose heavy. I had to trim her with a lot of up elevator. Aileron trim was just a couple of clicks and she was flying straight. First thing I noticed what that the Angel is so stable. She flies like she is on rails. I landed her and then shifted the battery futher back. She now flies better but I went inverted to check her CG and it was still nose heavy. So I land her and move the pack as far back as I can get it. With the CG sorted out she was very comfortable to fly.

Now that I am comfortable with her I tried some maneuvers. Executing a Reverse Cuban was a delight, climb and half a roll, pull and she comes out of it so sweetly. During the roll you will note she is very axial, I had not dialed in any differential. Now for a Stall Turn ... pull her into a vertical climb,throttle down at the top, input in the rudder and she kicks over cleanly once the CG is spot on.

One thing I always believe in is that a plane that can Knife Edge without any mixing is superb. The Angel excells on this front. The Knife Edge has almost NO coupling, NO wing roll. Just a little rudder and she holds it straight. I did try some other maneuvers lie the Humpty Dumps and she flicks over nicely. I did not bother to try much more as the plane was too under powered for my liking.

Coming in for landing the Angel behaves like your typical pattern plane, she does not bleed off speed that fast and carries it well. Its a pretty long roll out upon touch down and this is from an EP plane where there is no idle.

How do I feel about this plane? If the Angel is anything to go by I think I will be going to check out the SU29 50/140. The Angel is marvelous, she goes where you point her and she is not shy to tell the whole world if you are not able to handle her properly. All your inadequacies in flying will be magnified for all to see.

I shall be getting 6S packs and then replacing the prop with a 13x10E. That should give me around 1,150W and about 8,950 RPM. That would mean more power than a Saito 82 on 30% fuel. More to come soon!

Name:	Rp44497.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	955792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49227.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	955793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22100.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	955794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oi14720.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	955795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw21040.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	955796  
Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Any further updates on this airplane/motor combination? I also fly a T-Rex600 that takes 6S1P 4900mah packs, and looking for a good aerobatic, sport, or pattern plane that would take the same packs. This one seems to fit the bill perfectly. I'd really like to know how the changes worked out on the Angel, or any other recommendations on airframes that use the sames packs.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:37 AM
tIANci

I changed my motor to the Hyperion 4025-12 and that will turn a 16x10 on 5S, its much better than my AXI 4120/18 and the DualSky 4260-6 (566KV) that turns a 14x10. I am most happy with the performance of the Hyperion.

If you are going for those 4,900 packs then get motors like the AXI 4130/16 or any equivalent (I hear Hackers are very very nice but have yet to get one, the A50 would be a good motor) in terms of size and a KV that is between 350-400K.

Look at the Hyperions, they are nice. If its budget then go with the Hobby City Turnigy motors. I did try the DualSky 5060-9 on a 6S set up with a 1610 but you want a much coarser pitch prop as the KV is kinda low. Maybe a 16x12 at the very least.

As for airframes for 6S, I will say take the Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle if you want something that is versatile. So what sort of flying do you want?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:00 AM
pilotrcuk

Hi, I just got an Angel 50 flying too - I went with the stock option of:

Motor: Hacker A50-16S
ESC: Hacker X70 SB-Pro
Batt: 6S 4270 Evolite2
Propr: APC 16 x 10E
Servo: HiTec 6635 all round

The performance is amazing, this is my first electric aeroplane in a long time and the power is just stunning, to the point where I have sold off my IC motors and gone electric 100%!!

The model feels so light and accurate in the air - there is much fun to be had from this model/setup!!

Enjoy!!

Name:	Mj24258.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1067057  
Old 11-07-2008, 05:10 AM
tIANci

Pilot ... welcome to the Dark Side! Hehehehe ... I wish I had gone for 6S because on 5, its not that great to prop hang. Yeah she is light, a little too light for my liking to use as a F3A plane. But she is just ever so sweet to fly ...
Old 11-07-2008, 08:19 AM
sfaust

ORIGINAL: tIANci
..... airframes for 6S, I will say take the Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle if you want something that is versatile. So what sort of flying do you want?

Thanks for the recommendations.

I generally fly 40% aerobatic airplanes (Giles 300, Extra 330S, etc) and mostly 3D. I also have a pattern plane with a YS-140 and really like flying that as well. So the Extra 330 or the Angel both fit the bill for what I am looking for. Something aerobatic suitable for 3D, sport aerobatics, or pattern.

Unfortunately, the Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle is no longer sold best I can tell. However, it sounds like pilotrcuk has a good working setup that will work with my 6S 4900's. Since I have 6 of those packs, I'd rather use them over buying a whole new set of 5S or 4S packs just for the airplane.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
pilotrcuk

Stephen,

I've flow common or garden power models, purely in a sport capacity, for as long as I can remember, kits, plans, O/Ds, albeit nothing in the 40% class though. I've had my share of glow setups which impress with vertical performance. All I can say is 4 flights on the Angel at the weekend is all it took to convince me there's never been a better time to switch (and I know many have done so long before now). I can't remember the last time I had a new model which put this big a smile on my face!!

A few of us at my local club are intending to hit the aerobatics comp scene next year with the Angels!!

I won't be missing the messing about with carburettors and glow fuel with freezing cold hands this winter!!

Al
Old 11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
sfaust

Yea, the Angel 50 sounds just like what I am looking for with the Hacker setup and 6S packs. I'm used to unlimited vertical for torque rolls, 3D maneuvers, etc, and wouldn't want to miss that in any airplane I fly (electric or gas/glow). I have a 3W XtraFun, about a 80" ws I believe, just under 11lbs, 24cc gas, that I can hover at 1/4 throttle. Its one of the most fun airplanes I have. The Angel sounds like its in the same basic range, only electric, and still with unlimited vertical. So it should be perfect for what I am looking for.

The other SebArt offerings in the 50E class sound like they will perform just as well. I like the Pitts 50E also, which will give me more 3D ability than the Angel. But for the first one, I think I'll order an Angel and start there. I'll put a Hacker A50-16s, 6S 4900 packs, and APC 16x10E and see how it does.

Thanks all for your input.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:04 PM
pilotrcuk

I also have my eye on the Pitts Python - particularly since it's the same power setup, I can share 6S packs...

A club mate let me have a go of his SebArt Sukhoi S 29 140E, using the stock A60 setup - WOW, that thing is impressive too, a real lightweight *****cat with BAGS of power for 3D. Have you checked out the videos on the sebart.it site? They'll have you reaching for your wallet!! Oh, wait, that's just me.....!!

Let us know how you get on with your Angel!!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 AM
perryb

Guys

Good to see you are enjoying the Angel 50e. I too have one of these (along with about 7 friends). I use the Hyperion 4025-12 with 16x10 prop. The speedy is a Hyperion 80 opto and batteries are the 5S 5000 Zippys from HK. I had a few problems with the performance and found that the speedy was overheating and shutting down. It has now been mounted vertically up front and tape placed on the lower front end of the airframe to force the air up past the speedy and battery. Another mistake was to put the cowl screws too high up on the sides so that it make a tight fit for the canopy and has caused cracks in the canopy front. This weekend gone I allowed some competitors from a Pylon comp to fly the Sebart and they were blown away. All said that they would probably buy a Sebart product at some stage. Whilst a friend was flying it I had the canopy come off again even though I had taped it down. The magnets are not glued in too well and I would suggest a little reinforcing from the underneath. I have also placed a block of balsa in the underside of the canopy and placed a thin screw through a piece of brass fuel tube and screwed it into the top rear of the canopy to help remove and refit the canopy without breaking and cracking the flimsy shell.

I have to say this is one of the best ARF aircraft I have seen bar none. I am looking forward to the Pitts Python and the larger Pattern planes if they ever arrive in our country. If anyone can suggest where it would be best to get a spare canopy from I would appreciate it. Mine has a bit too much hangar rash and they don't stock them here in Aussie land. I would be interested to hear if anyone is carrying up elevator trim and R aileron trim. I am going to play with the wing incidence and see if I can get the trim out without upsetting the great flying performance.

Enjoy

BP