Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ultimate by E-Flite

My son got an E-Flite Ultimate for Christmas because his college doesn't allow "fossil fuel" planes in their dorms. Since this our first foray into electrics I, errr Santa decide that an E-Flite ARF with everything E-Flite was in order. Well we have just about finished the plane and just tested our motor out and we can't get it to work. The receiver is getting power and working and the servos n the wing, horiz and vert stabilzers. We can't determine if the problem n in our speed controller or our motor or simply the way we hooked everything up. We have checked and double-check most everything and since our LHS is closed now I have to ask you guys for help or suggestions.

What can we do in the meantime? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

David
    David

Corsair Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Ultimate by E-Flite

Some setups require the reversal on the throttle channel......Also make sure the throttle is off or the ESC will not arm....Pat
    Lawn Dart Champion of the World

AMA 870716

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HI, MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE PROP OFF FIRST. ALSO, TO ADD TO PATNCHRIS`S COMMENT, MAKE SURE THE TRIM IS DOWN ENOUGH AS THIS CAN ACTIVATE THE SAFETY ON THE ESC TOO.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also, have you mated the receiver to the transmitter, you have to get them working together, read your manual to find the sequence. Norm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All of these were good suggestions, the ones I had not tried before so I tried them several times. Unfortunately none work, I'm beginning to think I have a faulty ESC. I borrowed a friends airplane (which flew successfully today) and my TX, RX and battery worked fine in it. Since his plane used a 20Amp controller and mine has a 40Amp I chose not to mix the two since I have no experience with electrics. Could I use the smaller motor with the 40Amp ESC?

When I first started up my plane I got 3 audible tones and then 3 more increasing tones plus a little "wiggle" out of the motor. That made me believe the motor was okay. Do you guys think that was a reasonable assumption?

I also am getting a lot of "chatter" or "flutter" from all of my servos. I know this is not good but I assumed it was related to my other trouble. This kind of reinforced my idea of a ESC problem.

I guess it's time for a trip to my LHS, thank you guys for all your help.
    David

Corsair Brotherhood #3