Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Etana!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:15 PM
derek2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Etana!!!!

I just ordered a Mountain Models Etana kit! I am very excited about building and flying this kit. Does anyone have experience with this one? What to expect, etc.... I have heard only good things about MM kits.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:02 PM
lparks

Default RE: Etana!!!!

I had been mulling back and forth over the Etana and the [link=http://www.stevensaero.com/StevensAero-G300-G-Ride-Electric-RC-Airplane-Parkflyer-SA-KIT-G300-p-16487.html]Stevens AeroModel G-300 (G-Ride)[/link]. I went with the G-Ride, which is a great kit (though I have not finished it yet). What do you think of the Etana and MM in general? I am still interested in some of their kits...
Old 03-15-2009, 10:35 PM
derek2005

Default RE: Etana!!!!

I love the MM Etana kit. It can't get much easier to build a kit than this. I have built a great planes Slow Poke Sport 40 kit a couple years ago. That was a pain compared to this. Everything in the MM kits fits together like a 3D puzzle. You don't even glue things until the major area is together (such as the entire fuse). The kit is almost idiot proof. You don't even really need a square because the engineering is so good. The things I wish were different are the plastic cowl. I would like to have a fiber glass cowl or at least a one piece cowl. The control rod assembly worries me. I have not done this step yet. That is about the only negative comments I have. I love the quality of the laser cutting and the quality of the wood in the kit. All hardware is great and the fit of 90% of the parts is spot on. Very little has to be altered to get that perfect fit.

I will be purchasing many more MM kits. The next on my list will be the new firestorm once it is finished and released. Check out RC Groups if you have not seen it yet. Sport pattern electric with retracts. Awesome!!! I think I will also build a cub and put floats on it for our trips to Table Rock Lake.