Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Ultra-stick 25e Safety Alert!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:47 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra-stick 25e Safety Alert!

Just a heads up to all U-stick 25e owners out there to check your wing hold-in dowel area.

I grabbed my plane last night to take to the field (I left it assemble after flying it a few weeks ago), but the wings felt loose. I quick investigation showed (see photos below) that both wing dowel areas in the wing had torn apart. A closer look revealed that there is not a ply plate glued to the leading edge. Rather, the dowels are only supported by the balsa leading edge. I am amazed that the wing did not rip off in flight last time I flew it. I also can't believe I did not catch it then!

I'll be opening it up to add some strength there this weekend, you may want to check yours.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30345.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1146045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84536.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1146046  
Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra-stick 25e Safety Alert!

I had the wings fall apart on me in this area this past fall. Was the most spectactular crash of my carreer! No one was hurt and you are correct, this is a serious concern
Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ultra-stick 25e Safety Alert!

Wow.